PDA

View Full Version : Not a problem but......

Harter66
05-30-2015, 02:53 PM
I bought a new unused 2nd hand NOE 225-55 FP. I've had it several months because life . I treated as a new mould , I have several NOEs, bath,heat, cool etc . And like always each session gets better . Upon weighing them ,because the other 3 weigh within .5 gr of advertised, this gem tips in at 63 instead of 55 . Probably it won't matter to the 222 that shoots fine with 50 gr SPBT . As for length it is a full 1/10 shorter than 55gr Hornady fmj I had handy. (There aren't many jacked anything around me these days but orphans and factories for brass in these days of unobtainium) the new 223/556 that is on its way will certainly be happy with the faster twist .

So I guess the question is , is it possible for a mould that small to pick up that much weight (8 gr) if it were tooled for lino and cast with WW ? It doesn't seem like it would that is a huge jump . I'd hate to think I had a rare collectable mismark and I was just using it up :) .

Anybody else get 1 of these ? Maybe it really is a 1 off ?

SwedeNelson
05-30-2015, 05:01 PM
Harter66

Yes - our version does cast a 58gr to 60gr bullet
The original RCBS moulds does about the same

I hope this helps
Bullet maker, maker
Swede Nelson

Harter66
05-30-2015, 06:15 PM
Thanks Sweed !

It wasn't a complaint just an observation. Your moulds have always been,4 is such big cross section, right on for weight and size. This 1 just caught me flat footed. As always it is nice and pours well and makes pretty boolits.