View Full Version : Where or how do you add a "Tag" to a thread?

ohland
05-29-2015, 01:13 PM
I have looked through the FAQ, which tells me that Tags can be used to sort through a whole buncha threads... This would be pretty neat-o, because my fun with the 43 Spanish covers case forming, CB loads, single shots, heavy drinking....

So in what screen do I add a tag? Better yet, where is there a thorough description of using tags and subjects?

There are folks that would probably like to be able to follow a single aspect of my follies through different areas with my RB. IMHO, the thread layout does not possess the capacity to display individual message titles inside of a thread at the main forum page for that area. Further, responding to a thread does not add a title, you have to go advanced to add a title... So if I had a world shattering observation (hey! it could happen!) with my RB, even with going advanced, putting in a title, most folks won't see it until they scroll all the way down...

To pre-empt those pointing out you can display new posts, that is great. But what happens when the post has been read?

Tag, you're it!

:coffeecom

runfiverun
05-29-2015, 01:49 PM
if I want to see your posts I just go to your page here and click on read OHland's posts.
then I can scroll through them until I get to the subject I'm interested in.

ohland
05-29-2015, 02:27 PM
if I want to see your posts I just go to your page here and click on read OHland's posts.
then I can scroll through them until I get to the subject I'm interested in.

That is slightly frightening, like cyber-stalking...

Well, that is A way.

Blammer
05-29-2015, 02:38 PM
click on your login name at the top, the pull down box, go to UserCP, then look for Subscriptions. You can subscribe to a thread and in the choices it will notify you when a new post is added to the subscribed thread.

you can keep the subscriptions as long as you want for reference.

Blammer
05-29-2015, 02:40 PM
or under thread tools, choose "subscribe to the thread" the thread tools is to the right just above the original posters first post.

ohland
05-29-2015, 02:55 PM
subscribe to a thread and in the choices it will notify you when a new post is added to the subscribed thread.

Nice, but too much like a self-imposed chore to constantly follow every possible thing of interest.

Tested linking, sorta like a clunky webpage, but I can be quite specific.
http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?279283-Test-for-linking-nothing-here-of-note&p=3265108&viewfull=1#post3265108

Blammer
05-29-2015, 05:31 PM
so, how were you expecting it to work? If you explain your expectations a bit better maybe someone can point you to what you want.

ohland
05-29-2015, 05:55 PM
so, how were you expecting it to work? If you explain your expectations a bit better maybe someone can point you to what you want.

Gee, I wanted to refer to the FAQ and how it could work using the published guidance, but that ain't going to happen.

Instead of having a long, meandering thread jumping between topics, with and without titles, how about something like a webpage... Would take some thought, but IMHO it's better than the options. Which are either ONE thread for everything I'm doing with the .43 Spanish, a shotgun of specific titles on the forums which can be seen and easier to find, OR... making a "home page" of sorts where I can create links with a short bit of explanation by it so my specific various fool's errands are in one place.

I did a lash-up and yes, I can link to a specific post, image, or website. Just a intellectual exercise:

The .43 Spanish

The three significant chamberings, 11.15R, .43 Reformado, and I know one more...

Chamber dimensions, bore and groove dimensions, "mismatch" of the 11.15x58R neck.

Boolit sizes. Throating. Boolit hardness (needs to be soft for .439 boolits)

Case forming, variations in rim thickness, shellholders, Lee, RCBS, CH4D Lip thickness. Case sources.

Weaver #90 scope base mounting. Center to Center RB rear sight screws, CtC #90 base,

Chamber casting. NOT waiting 30 minutes to eject casting... (grumble...)

References.

tryNto
05-29-2015, 10:58 PM
After reading the "Tag" section of the FAQ, I'm guessing the "Tag" feature is not turned on in the Forum