PDA

View Full Version : Kentucky concealed carry permit renewals - here's a twist...

Artful
05-27-2015, 10:02 PM
I found this on another site - was very interesting...

Kentucky carry-do not renew online

I just tried to renew my Kentucky carry permit online.
To do this you pay an extra $10.
You fill out the form and pay via credit card.

Then after you submit, they bounce it back with a form that has to be signed by the Sheriff.
So there is no time saving in doing it online.
You still get to sit at the Sheriffs office waiting for his signing.
Plus you get charged an extra $10.
What a joke. Grrrrr

GREENCOUNTYPETE
05-27-2015, 10:42 PM
you fellas need to straiten out that May issue , and go Shall issue or constitutional carry and cut law enforcement out of it and send them back to crime fighting and not citizen fleecing.

10 dollars service charge wow , our 5 year renewal is only 25 the only way you can pay is check or money order by mail to DOJ with your form that you downloaded and printed from online.

MaryB
05-28-2015, 01:37 AM
MInnesota CC renewal is $75-100... consider yourselves lucky!

fixit
05-28-2015, 01:41 AM
renewal? what's that? Indiana has lifetime permits available, and that's what I've got. its sweet not having to go through that b.s.

bob208
05-28-2015, 07:42 AM
pa. is $20 for 5 years.

Handloader109
05-28-2015, 07:56 AM
Arkansas just reduced their permit cost .......$5 a whole dollar a year....reduction.
Initial cost is $139.75 if you mail in. plus a bit if you do on line, But you have to still mail in fingerprint card and training cert......plus wait "up to 4 months". Took my wife three tries with fingerprints, ultimately had to go to black powder. But I could read the fingerprints on a copy of her original card.......go digger, still waiting on mine.

dragon813gt
05-28-2015, 08:02 AM
pa. is $20 for 5 years.

Yep, and county dependent takes 20 minutes and you walk out w/ license in hand.

Dan Cash
05-28-2015, 08:13 AM
Kentucky is a "Shall Issue" state. Sheriff signs or shows cause why not. Applicant has right of appeal.

mozeppa
05-28-2015, 08:47 AM
renewal? what's that? Indiana has lifetime permits available, and that's what I've got. its sweet not having to go through that b.s.

ditto here.

bob208
05-28-2015, 10:00 AM
other things about pa. permits. no training if you are legal to own a handgun they have to give you the permit. if they refuse you a permit they have to prove in court why.

Bad Water Bill
05-28-2015, 10:27 AM
You do not know how lucky you are.

Here in ILL I NOISE fingerprints must be ELECTRONIC,about $75.00 and sometimes get lost in the electronic transfer.

Then you need 16 hours of training at about $300.00.

Once you have all of that done you now have the privilege of sending the State Police $150.00 for your permit.

After 5 years you need another 8 hour training course and another $150.00 fee.

Rex
05-28-2015, 10:31 AM
I have read that Kansas has done away with the permit. Just shove the piece in your pants and go, no more permits required!

oldlincoln
05-28-2015, 11:04 AM
Not until July 1st. I have just renewed my Kansas permit anyway. You'll need it out of state.

ksfowler166
05-28-2015, 03:35 PM
Unless you travel to Oklahoma if it has any land above water to travel on. Since they recognize other states constitutional carry.

shooterg
05-28-2015, 10:28 PM
I plunked down 15 bucks for my 5 year renewal in Campbell County, but my neighbors in Lynchburg have to pay the maximum allowed by state law, $50. The bozos in charge claim they have to pay detective grade officers(on overtime !) to run the BG checks. Really ? We pay $2 for a NCIS check when buying a firearm from an FFL. Those detectives can buy a lotta doughnuts with that OT.

weasel 21
05-30-2015, 05:54 PM
What's a permit? They don't let people have guns or carry them in Kalifornia.

JSnover
05-30-2015, 06:26 PM
I believe it was $50/5 years the first time I applied in MA. By law the state had 90 days to issue or deny and provide cause, which you could challenge in court (good luck). I waited 11 months. The only explanation I got was "they're backed up in Boston."
By the time I left it was $100/year.

TreeKiller
05-30-2015, 11:29 PM
Both my sons and there friend got permits this year it took about 70 days from the time they took the test and qualified to get an interview with the Sheriff most of that time was waiting for the life scan to come back. In Ca the life scan must be done through the sheriff Dept or the state will not except it.
Dan
Tehama County

BrassMagnet
05-31-2015, 12:41 AM

While I was out there the Los Angeles Chief of Police issued only one.
To a friend.
No back ground check of any kind.
It bit him in court.
The friend was a convicted felon!

Tackleberry41
05-31-2015, 02:18 PM
I just got mine here in TN. Fortunately the class was free, friend worked at a gun range. So it was just the $127 at the drivers license office, no local police involvement. Odd tho to go get my finger prints done at a local emergency care clinic. Girl asked if I had mine done recently, last time mine were done they still used ink, that was when I went in the military. They said could take several months, but my friend said 2 weeks, thats about how long it took.

Odd as in TN you need a permit to carry concealed or open. You see the occasional person with a gun on their hip at the grocery store, its a small town, never see open carry in Nashville.

Elkins45
05-31-2015, 10:45 PM
[B]I found this on another site - was very interesting...

Not entirely accurate. You have to pickup your permit at the office but you dont have to wait to have it signed. There is a $10 'convenience fee' to submit online, but it saves you from having to make the firet trip to the sherrif's office to drop off your photo and form. Depending on how far away it is, and your schedule, the $10 may be worth it.