PDA

View Full Version : NEED 223 BULLET MAKER around DFW

Gmangh15
05-27-2015, 11:29 AM
Hey there,

I just picked up my 223 and have some wheel weights and stickies laying around from shotgun reloading. I would like to potentially make a deal with someone to cast bullets for me around here. Please contact me and we can talk about this. My name is Garrett Henderson I work in Dallas and the weights are in East Texas at the farm. Im just looking to cut cost on reloading anyway I can.

Thanks

scottfire1957
05-27-2015, 07:48 PM
You might try an ad on craigslist Dallas/east Tx, say something about lead to trade. Might be other shooting/reloading/gunforums locally. Search for and try those also.

On Craigslist, use the "sporting" section.

Gmangh15
05-28-2015, 09:39 AM
Thank you for that. And after a little more research I have found that it is pretty time consuming and not the safest thing to cast and reload 223. So I may just trade it for other things. Thank you

berksglh
05-28-2015, 11:18 AM
For decent accuracy, a lead cast boolit needs to be sized to your specific barrels throat. Im just getting into it. The 55g bator mold was too small and too short for mine. I just started testing a 73g .228" gas checked NOE design.

If you have time and like messing with it, the challenge is fun.

I have shot about 300 of the Bator mold bullets, lubed as well as powder coated with no issues through my DPMS AR. But accuracy is tearable assuming due to my large throat. I use them at about 2000 fps to shoot swingers at 50 yds over wasting good bullets. At least till i get the 73g NOE dialed in.