PDA

View Full Version : MiHec pin thread size

gussiegoins2
05-27-2015, 01:21 AM
Does anyone know the thread size on his hollow point pins? I have a new mold and a couple of the pins won't thread in from the beveled hole side but will from the opposite side. I think the be sling may be a tad off but my threads aren't long enough to screw in from the unbeveled side all the way through to clean up the start of the threads on the beveled size. I need to know the thread size so I can buy a longer screw. Thanks

John J
05-30-2015, 08:11 AM
I would put them in from the opposits side and try them..if they slide in and out they should work ok

John J

frankenfab
05-30-2015, 09:17 AM
It will most likely be metric. Go to a Fastenal store if you have one nearby, and they will help you.

gtgeorge
05-30-2015, 02:36 PM
I had the same problem on a recent and it did no good to thread from the opposite side as they would not pass all the way through. At some point I will get a tap when I go down to the local bolt supply house to restock a few items. I will post what it is if no one else does first.

Miha will send out replacements though if asked. I will just fix mine though.

dkf
05-30-2015, 08:33 PM
Should be M3x.5

gussiegoins2
06-02-2015, 03:39 PM
Thanks for the responses. I flipped them around and they work fine. I was wanting to know so that if I thought of it at a hardware store I could pick up a long bolt. I have this issue on a few other HP molds and sometimes flipping them works fine and others not so much.