PDA

View Full Version : double stack 45 - with a twist

Artful
05-27-2015, 12:14 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tEYcUSQDyw

therealhitman
05-27-2015, 01:51 AM
90ACP was crackin' me up. Jerry rocks. Never seen him shake out his hand from recoil before though.

A squib in either chamber would keep it from cycling I assume? Safety first...that slide looks heavy, so it's probably fine.

Father's Day is coming up right? I am asking for one of those. And 10 mags. And an ambi-safety. And a holster and mag pouch.
This is getting spendy.

I'm sure my kids will all pitch in. It'll be great. Can't wait. I'll get pics up asap!

I better get casting more .452's now too.

therealhitman
05-27-2015, 02:00 AM
Yeah. Winds up they start at 5 grand. Wife laughed at me and said to go dig my old Gold Cups out of the back of the safe and duct tape them together.

NavyVet1959
05-27-2015, 02:14 AM
By the very nature of the design, you have decreased your reliability by half since a failure in either half of the gun will result in the entire gun not working.

Lonegun1894
05-27-2015, 02:33 AM
What about accuracy issues? I mean, double-barreled rifles and shotguns are notorious for printing two separate groups, so I would assume that is probably a concern here too? Doesn't matter to me personally cause a single barreled double-stack 1911's grip is too big to fit my hand, and I don't see this being any better for me, but am somewhat curious as to how these perform. Another question I would be asking, in the interest of not going to jail, is last I checked, ATF classifies anything that fires 2 or more shots per triggerpull as a fully automatic weapon, and since manufacture of new ones of those has been un-Constitutionally banned for us mere citizens, how does that affect this pistol? I mean, I don't personally want one, and couldn't afford one even if I did want it if the price tag is anywhere close to $5K, but it is somewhat interesting in a goofy kind of way.

Petrol & Powder
05-27-2015, 07:43 AM
You don't build something like that because it's reliable, accurate, functional or even a good idea. This is America, you build it because you can. That is the firearm equivalent of the Oscar Mayer Wienermobile.

and yes, I know it was made in Italy

Cornbread
05-27-2015, 11:49 AM
Wonder how long it will be before we start seeing it in movies? Like the Uzi, Desert Eagle, BFR and Chiappa Rhino it usually doesn't take Hollywood very long to start putting unique looking guns into action movies.

white eagle
05-27-2015, 11:59 AM
new vampire killer?

tazman
05-27-2015, 09:13 PM
What about accuracy issues? I mean, double-barreled rifles and shotguns are notorious for printing two separate groups, so I would assume that is probably a concern here too? Doesn't matter to me personally cause a single barreled double-stack 1911's grip is too big to fit my hand, and I don't see this being any better for me, but am somewhat curious as to how these perform. Another question I would be asking, in the interest of not going to jail, is last I checked, ATF classifies anything that fires 2 or more shots per triggerpull as a fully automatic weapon, and since manufacture of new ones of those has been un-Constitutionally banned for us mere citizens, how does that affect this pistol? I mean, I don't personally want one, and couldn't afford one even if I did want it if the price tag is anywhere close to $5K, but it is somewhat interesting in a goofy kind of way.

When the bullets are shown in slow motion hitting the target, they are very close together. Also when he picks up the target each set of dots show 2 hits within an inch of each other. Both guns seem to shoot that way as well. Looks like they got both barrels shooting to same point of impact or nearly so.

Hickory
05-27-2015, 09:38 PM
They'll be in some action movie before long, then everybody will want one.

str8wal
05-27-2015, 11:37 PM
That goes into the "solution in search of a problem" file for me.