PDA

View Full Version : Powderbuythepound Matt Black Powder?

brstevns
05-26-2015, 10:42 AM
Has anyone tried the Matt black powder from Powderbuythepound? Did it work using the shake and bake method.

bangerjim
05-26-2015, 12:54 PM
As stated many times on here..........the matting agent in any matte or flat powder kills the tiny static charge created in BBDT.

If you want matte black, buy an ESPC gun like it did. It works great there!

banger

brstevns
05-27-2015, 09:11 AM
how about wet tumbling with the matt black?

bangerjim
05-27-2015, 10:28 AM
How about it. You will just have to try it with that powder to see if acetone or laq thinner will dissolve it sufficiently to give you the coating that meets your standards.

The wet method is old technology that made the rounds on here 2 years ago. Rarely ever hear of it today.

I found NO wet dissolve method (after MUCH trial & error) that gave a glass-smooth coat like ESPC or BBDT. That is with ANY powder including matte/flat. All finishes were lumpy, glumpy, uneven, and EXTREMELY messy to do and clean up. Not worth it in my book. Once you go ESPC, you will use it as YOUR standard too, Spend a few bucks.......produce the best boolits you have ever seen.

I do not use that brand of powder at all. It may work.....it probably won't. You will just have to try it. Even Smoke states his excellent matte black powder IS NOT for anything but ESPC.

If you want to "paint" your boolits, get a (very expensive) can of VHT hi-temp black epoxy at a local auto store. Follow the bake instructions very closely. Epoxy paint is not as durable as PC I have found.

Good luck in what ever method you choose.

brstevns
05-27-2015, 12:57 PM
Thanks for the information.