PDA

View Full Version : Scope bases for the TCR 83 or TCR 87

ohland
05-21-2015, 08:59 AM
After scouring fleabay and the web a bit, there seems to be five scope bases for the TCR. Both the 83 and 87 use the same spacing...

#410298 Burris. Not exactly sure, it looks as if this was OEM'd for T/C as well. It may be a base plus detatchable sled w/rings, sorts like the Kuharsky / B&L bases where the scope is mounted in a sled that snaps into the base.

#748 Holden See-Thru base.

Leupold, no idea of model #

#511291 / 47176 Redfield "JR TCR"

#408 Weaver. Our beloved black extruded aluminum base.

T/C had:

T/C rings: Thompson Center 1" rings may be used with bases from: T/C, Burris, Redfield, Leupold

#9760: TCR 83/87 with short tube scopes. The extension at the rear of the base allows proper eye relief with many short tube scopes.

#9710 TCR 83/87 with standard length scopes.

#9770 for Contender Pistol & Carbine with any 1" diameter scope.

#9775 (silver finish) for Contender Pistol & Carbine with any 1" diameter scope.

T/C Detachable Ring Bases:

#9760 for TCR 83/87 with short tube 4X Electra Dot. Rear extension of base properly positions
the "Short Tube" (NO. 8630) scope for eye relief.

#9710 for TCR 83/87 with standard length scopes. This base is for use with all T/C (or other
brand) "Standard Length" rifle scopes.

#9770 for Contender Pistol or Carbine with all 1" diameter scopes. Scope may be used on all
Contender Pistol or Carbine Barrels. It accommodates both "Short" or "Standard" length scopes
(T/C or other brand).

pietro
05-21-2015, 03:52 PM

AFAIK, Leupold:

THOMPSON CENTER TCR rifle - #955-010-405 (405)

I've never seen a Burris scope mount base designed like a Kuharsky/B&L - The Burris TCR-83 base's I've seen have the Leupold/Redfield design, but with a nicer/higher polished blue (better looking on TCR-83's than on the TCR-87).

ohland
05-21-2015, 05:17 PM
Burris scope mount base designed like a Kuharsky/B&L - The Burris TCR-83 base's I've seen have the Leupold/Redfield design, but with a nicer/higher polished blue (better looking on TCR-83's than on the TCR-87).

I saw it on fleabay, it was a T/C box, there was a "sled" of rings on a bracket, and the seperate base that the sled fit.

Now it's quite possible that someone stuck parts into a box and has no ideal of what it really is...

ohland
05-21-2015, 05:35 PM
THOMPSON CENTER TCR rifle - #955-010-405 (405)

I see that on Brownell's
https://www.brownells.com/.aspx/lid=11875/guntechdetail/Weaver_Top_Mount_Bases
Weaver Top Mount Bases
THOMPSON CENTER TCR rifle 955-010-405

Searched that page for "408" and no hits. Perhaps fleabay got it wrong?

Weaver Top-Mount Scope Base #405 Gloss For Thompson Center TCR, 48105

Leupold?

gewehrfreund
05-21-2015, 06:25 PM
After scouring fleabay and the web a bit, there seems to be five scope bases for the TCR. Both the 83 and 87 use the same spacing...

#410298 Burris. Not exactly sure, it looks as if this was OEM'd for T/C as well. It may be a base plus detatchable sled w/rings, sorts like the Kuharsky / B&L bases where the scope is mounted in a sled that snaps into the base.

#748 Holden See-Thru base.

Leupold, no idea of model #

#511291 / 47176 Redfield "JR TCR"

#408 Weaver. Our beloved black extruded aluminum base.

There are a couple more than that, and the Weaver part is 405, not 408.

I have a Buehler base and ring set, and I'm pretty sure I had a Tasco World Class base/ring set at one time, and I expect at least one other company made bases for this rifle.
The "sled", or quick detachable as it was intended to be called, was another TC option, in addition to the standard "Redfield-type" TC base, which I didn't see mentioned.

I saw it on fleabay, it was a T/C box, there was a "sled" of rings on a bracket, and the seperate base that the sled fit.

Now it's quite possible that someone stuck parts into a box and has no ideal of what it really is...

No. See above

ohland
05-21-2015, 09:12 PM
The "sled", or quick detachable as it was intended to be called, was another TC option, in addition to the standard "Redfield-type" TC base, which I didn't see mentioned.

I wrote down the name on the box, it was the "T/C Quick Release Mount". Never really noticed it before, so I was unsure.

Why is there two numbers for the Redfield "JR TCR" mount? I read the box, it sez 511291 / 47176. What is the Redfield model or part numbering convention?

gewehrfreund
05-22-2015, 07:11 PM
Why is there two numbers for the Redfield "JR TCR" mount? I read the box, it sez 511291 / 47176. What is the Redfield model or part numbering convention?

Not sure about Redfield's numbering, but these mounts ONLY fit a TCR and nothing else. Maybe one number is for the TCR83 and the other for the TCR87, but they're still one in the same rifle.