PDA

View Full Version : Rossi .17HMR

JeffinNZ
05-21-2015, 05:31 AM
Anyone shooting a Rossi break open rimfire especially .17HMR? Thinking about one for daughter number one with the idea of being able to add other barrels later on.

Tackleberry41
05-21-2015, 11:27 AM
Guess that would be the wizard series? You cant get barrels for the other ones, unless their take offs somebody doesn't want. I don't know about the wizard, but gun store near me says Rossi has dropped their single shot rifles.

longranger
05-21-2015, 11:27 AM
CZ 455 much better choice,perhaps a synthetic stocked one to keep cost down or not.Best rifle for the $ out there with barrel switching capabilities.

rosst
05-21-2015, 10:40 PM
mate got one in .17HMR just after i got my .17 bolt action . . . just junk, he later got a CZ452 and is very happy

strangely Rossi make great leveractions, but then theyre copying someone elses designs

Tackleberry41
05-22-2015, 11:49 AM
Nobody will really miss the Rossi single shots once their gone off shelves. One would think with even somewhat modern machinery they could make a decent barrel. I bought a 223 barrel off a guy for $40, he was beyond frustrated with it. Not hard to see why, in the lathe the barrel had just under an inch of wobble at the muzzle, they warp when they attack them with welders. H&R would put a couple little tack welds on the stud to hold the fore end. Rossi went with a cheaper to produce part that was mig welded all the way around. And the bore was not 223. I had it laying there, cutting it up to make whatever, so was using the end to make a threading guide, yea it fit that Rossi, but was oversized for everything else. And those ever so durable plastic sights they use.

leebuilder
05-29-2015, 07:59 PM
Those break action rossis all have bad headspace, my cousin had one in 223,,,, out to lunch, he brought it back to the gun shop owner, he checked all the other rossis he had in stock,,, same thing scrap.
Buyer beware.
be well