PDA

View Full Version : Hornady makes LnL gauge modified case for .22 Hornet!

ohland
05-20-2015, 01:50 PM
http://www.hornady.com/store/Lock-N-Load-1202-Hornet-Adapter-1-Each/

This is actually a one piece case / threaded base that threads over the LnL handle. Neato way of doing it.

ozarkhillbilly49
05-20-2015, 11:49 PM
good tool. i have used one for a few years now. helps fine tune a load for all the accuracy you can get out of a rifle. i like hornet. it don't hurt like some big rounds do!!!!!

ohland
05-21-2015, 10:24 AM
good tool. i have used one for a few years now. helps fine tune a load for all the accuracy you can get out of a rifle. i like hornet. it don't hurt like some big rounds do!!!!!

I like the LnL much better than the RCBS ctg OAL tool they include with their Precision Mics. With the RCBS tool, you futz with adjusting the friction of the nylon bullet shape by adjusting a screw in the base of the shell.

With the LnL, you simply run the modified case AND the intended bullet into the chamber, gently advance the rod until the bullet touches the rifling, tighten the set screw, pull it back, measure the OAL with your calipers... Done. Takes more time to describe it than do it. Understand that Hornady (or yourself!) can make a custom case, but just measure the headspace of a fired case, then you can compensate for any difference between the Hornady modified case and the fired case...

Math... It's not just for breakfast anymore...

ozarkhillbilly49
05-21-2015, 12:08 PM
yep. a little measuring, a little math and some tinkering can sure shrink groups!