PDA

View Full Version : New scope for the M28-76

texassako
05-19-2015, 11:38 AM
I don't know if anybody else has ever tried finding a decent 26mm scope, but they are not exactly common unless you get one out of Europe($$$). I am saving that chunk of change if a real Finn marked scope ever crosses my path. I had considered using shims for fitting a 1 inch scope in the 26mm original mount, but I have another aftermarket mount for that with a high power scope. The 4x Kollmorgen I have been using has a stiff windage adjustment and a couple other small issues; so I have been looking on fleabay occasionally hoping I did not need to resort to the crude windage adjustment in the mount. Along came a NIB(sure looks it) 6x42 Kollmorgen Bear Cub. It just barely fits over the barrel sight, and the mount always amazes me with the precision. Bore sighting required no adjustments at all since the scope was already at 0 on both dials. I know it is not a modern scope with high magnification, AO, and turrets, but it is in keeping with how the rifle was used originally.

139811 139812

Gunor
05-19-2015, 11:44 AM
I am jealous...

Mk42gunner
05-19-2015, 02:25 PM
Looks like it will work fine to me. Didn't Kollmorgen morph into Redfield?

Robert

texassako
05-19-2015, 03:21 PM
Looks like it will work fine to me. Didn't Kollmorgen morph into Redfield?

Robert

Yes, they bought them in the late '50s to expand their scope line.

LIMPINGJ
05-20-2015, 10:40 AM
What type of mount is your new scope mounted in? Looks like a nice setup.

texassako
05-20-2015, 11:51 AM
What type of mount is your new scope mounted in? Looks like a nice setup.

It is what the Finnish military dreamed up to mount a scope on a hex receiver Mosin. The two pieces lock together with a big truncated cone shaped dovetail, the lever tightens everything up and is for getting them apart, and the knurled knob between the rings locks it all up.