PDA

View Full Version : lone wolf in glock question

twc1964
05-19-2015, 10:58 AM
Ok gents, i recently bought a standard length lone wolf bbl for my gen 2 glock 19 . The bbl is used slightly but looks brand new. Guy i bought it from had it in a gen4 glock and it worked fine. When i put it in my pistol, it seems to be binding somewhere near the furthermost rear position of the slide. My stock bbl cycles very freely but this one seems to be grabbing ever so slightly. Anyone had this happen to them under similar circumstances? I could probably just blow through a hundred rounds and smoith it up but i wanted to check with other fellow glocksters here. Thx all

billyb
05-19-2015, 11:14 AM
Use a smooth cut file on the sides of the hood. Do not get carried away! Take a light cut on each side then try the fit. Quit when the hood slides smoothly into the slide. You do not need any binding on the barrel hood, but you do not want it to be a sloppy fit. I used a Lone Wolf in my Glock 17. It took me several trys to get it to fit like the original. Bill

FergusonTO35
05-19-2015, 12:20 PM
Yep, that exactly. I filed the rear of the hood just a little on the Storm Lake tube for my 19. Or, if the gun shoots and functions perfectly you could just let it wear in.

Boolit_Head
05-19-2015, 12:35 PM
Smoke the sides of the hood and it will show you where it is rubbing. That would be better than just randomly filing away metal.

Ed_Shot
05-19-2015, 01:01 PM
My Lone Wolf 9MM conversion barrel for my G22 was initially overly tight fitting as you describe. A very few strokes with my pocket knife sharpening stone cleared up the problem.

twc1964
05-19-2015, 01:21 PM
Ok guys, think i will rub a bit of black marker on hood area and cycle it a few times. I should be able to see where the problem lies. Thsnks for all the input.