PDA

View Full Version : Can I have some violence in a doggy bag to go?

ohland
05-18-2015, 10:15 AM
I had wondered what kind of establishment down in Waco was the scene of the recent action.... Family restaraunt? Fine dining?

My hunch was the name, "Twin Peaks"... Sports Bar and Grill, I do believe.

https://www.facebook.com/TwinPeaksWaco

If you look at the comments on the right side, they are overwhelmingly negative.

Char-Gar
05-18-2015, 10:28 AM
The place is a Hooter's clone!

ohland
05-18-2015, 10:30 AM
The place is a Hooter's clone!

Isn't that "Hootiere"? Also, if you look at Twin Peak's Facebook site, what article of clothes is laying there? Does H00ters use that kind of props in their website? Perhaps, I dunno. Never went there.

tryNto
05-18-2015, 12:33 PM
That FB page is gone.

Twin Peaks Pulls Franchise Of Waco Restaurant After Deadly Shootinghttp://www.kwtx.com/home/headlines/Waco-Shooting-Near-Twin-Peaks-In-Waco-304043711.html

markinalpine
05-18-2015, 04:41 PM
Another term for these places is "Breastaraunt."
Mark :coffee:

blackthorn
05-18-2015, 04:50 PM
Girls with large breasts work at Hooter's-----Girls with one leg work at I-hop!

country gent
05-18-2015, 05:17 PM
WHat diffrence does whos parking lot or area viloence happened make? Weather Twin Peaks Bar and Grill in texas, church parking lot in wyoming(??), wilderness area, or where ever its not actually the area but the perpetrators who are the poblem, In this case 2 rival biker gangs. Thugs are thugs and vilolence can and does happen anywhere at anytime. Why Jeff Cooper never had a completly relaxed area in his colors of readiness. In this case gang on gang and if it was contained maybe they should have let it finish then cleaned it up. Saved the tax payers some money that way. Im waiting to see the trials of these, every one will have been a bystander not a shooter and proving the shooter and or accomplisise will be hard.

bob208
05-18-2015, 05:54 PM
I don't know what all the hoopla is about. I say clear out all the none combatants. then let them have at it. same for the drug gangs. it is only garbage eating garbage.

ohland
05-18-2015, 06:04 PM
WHat diffrence does whos parking lot or area viloence happened make?

At this point, what difference does it make?

First, to the best of my knowledge, nobody that wasn't involved got hurt. BUT... you spray enough lead... Things might have been different.

Second, Obama had it dead wrong, why import Mexican criminals when we have AMERICANS ready to do the jobs that need to be done...

Lastly, this reminds me of a Spongebob episode where Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy break up a meeting of evil-doers, only to find out that it was their book reading club... Was this a meeting of the Waco choirboy association? Having two or more contenders at the same place, add booze, eye candy, and whatever else, and is anyone suprised...

texassako
05-18-2015, 06:15 PM
Choir boys don't green light armed retaliation against the local PD that stopped them.

ohland
05-18-2015, 06:19 PM
That FB page is gone.

Twin Peaks Pulls Franchise Of Waco Restaurant After Deadly Shooting

http://www.kwtx.com/home/headlines/Waco-Shooting-Near-Twin-Peaks-In-Waco-304043711.html

Not accesible through Internet Archive. I'm sure someone has got it...

daniel lawecki
05-18-2015, 06:36 PM
They'll will show up to court shaved and tattoos covered suits. All criminals clean up for court and lawyers will say the are good people who got caught up in the mess. Can you say death penalty [smilie=2:

ohland
05-18-2015, 06:52 PM
Choir boys don't green light armed retaliation

No, they don't. There are some posts that suggest the TP would have opened itself up to legal action if it wouldn't have let bikers in. BUT... this was "Bike Night". Not the same as if some thirsty bikers were driving by and decided to stop a bit.

It is amazing that some confuse "open to the public" with a specific deliberate event. Pam Gellar didn't invite the two out of staters in... BUT, TP at this point, seemed to invite bikers to "Bike Night", whether or not any attempt was made to keep things down to a dull roar.

Getting out in front, there is a three part cycle to news coverage:

One: We don't know for sure, but we'll tell you whatever we heard.
Two: We got actual no foolin' truth.
Three: We ask ourselves how we could have put out unverified information...

And the beat goes on... At this point, the local TP doesn't appear civically minded. Supposedly, the local franchise was not open to altering the event. The police and franchisee are not in sync.

JonnyReb
05-18-2015, 06:56 PM
Was just on another site where several folks mentioned it may have been the police who were doing the shooting. Flipped it to FOX news and Bret Baier says " police fired upon armed bikers but it is not yet known who fired the deadly shots" or something to that effect. May not have been the bikers who did all the killin.

ohland
05-18-2015, 07:02 PM
Bret Baier says " police fired upon armed bikers

Which may be true, but was it because some dudes armed with deadly weapons were working each other over? A violent altercation in a public area, what happens if it goes from chains and whatever to guns? The police need to protect both innocent citizens, and oddly enough, the individuals involved in the violence.

If a bunch of dudes are whuppin on each other with things, how will they be stopped? Obama goes out there to lecture them? Bore them to unconsciousness?

JonnyReb
05-18-2015, 07:27 PM
Which may be true, but was it because some dudes armed with deadly weapons were working each other over? A violent altercation in a public area, what happens if it goes from chains and whatever to guns? The police need to protect both innocent citizens, and oddly enough, the individuals involved in the violence.

If a bunch of dudes are whuppin on each other with things, how will they be stopped? Obama goes out there to lecture them? Bore them to unconsciousness?

I've no idea ohland, wasn't there and didn't see it. Just saying most folk, like myself.. figured from all the early news reports that a couple biker gangs got into it and 9 of them were killed, lots more wounded and by their own hands it was assumed.. Now its turning out that at least some of those shots fired were by the police. Which changes the investigation some.. don't you think?

white eagle
05-18-2015, 07:38 PM
police probably fired at the bikers that were trying to leave to get them back in the restaurant
so their biker buddies had more reactive targets
really when I heard this on the news I really thought who cares

bhn22
05-18-2015, 07:39 PM

And the girls with no legs work at Nightcrawlers. I see the signs everywhere in the spring.

Fishman
05-18-2015, 11:31 PM
Twin Peaks isn't a Hooters clone. . . The food is actually good. Best dang blt I've ever gotten from a restaraunt was right there. Pretty girls are a bonus. Wife even liked it because the food was great and so was the service. I don't know but I suspect "biker night" got out of hand and the management didn't know what to do. How DO you tell 200 gang members that they aren't welcome?

Rufus Krile
05-19-2015, 12:03 AM
Lessee if I've got the score right... 200+/- players with well over 100 weapons... a confined area--restaurant and parking lot.... and only 9 dead and 18 'injured'. Sounds to me like SOMEbody needs a little remedial range time.

country gent
05-19-2015, 12:13 AM
We had a local resteraunt, very good food and reasonable prices with great service with a sighn on the door no colors no helmants. Reasoning was if no MC colors were inside nobody really knew who was who. Had to explain to Mom what it meant once LOL. We ate there several times as a family and had no problems. You would see the motorcycles in the parking lot helmant on one mirror coat or vest hanging on the other. There are little things that can allieviate alot of problems. Once "feeling" get hurt and sides chosen things go downhill fast. Several years ago in a good nieghborhood we had a shooting in the Chucky Cheese ( kids pizza resteraunt) parking lot. Its not always the establishment but its always the people involved

Col4570
05-19-2015, 01:43 AM
Biker gang members go out mob handed,When alone they turn to jelly.The massive turn outs are disruptive to all other road users.They think they are a law unto themselves,it is time to make it illegal for more than say four Bikes together.

Artful
05-19-2015, 02:05 AM
They think they are a law unto themselves,it is time to make it illegal for more than say four Bikes together.

http://www.cnccmc.org/images/MC_Are_Not_Street_Gang_Logo.jpg (http://www.mcansg.org/information.htm)

It is our goal and right to band together as a Motorcycle Community !

To ensure we do NOT lose our way of life!

Good Lord, next you'll want no more than 4 high schooler's together at a time.

quickdraw66
05-19-2015, 03:18 AM
http://www.cnccmc.org/images/MC_Are_Not_Street_Gang_Logo.jpg (http://www.mcansg.org/information.htm)

It is our goal and right to band together as a Motorcycle Community !

To ensure we do NOT lose our way of life!

Good Lord, next you'll want no more than 4 high schooler's together at a time.

The Banditos, one of the MCs involved is actually a gang. They are involved in drugs and crime, and have been classified as an outlaw gang. The Cossacks probably are too. They were actually "flirting" with the Hell's Angels, which some people say was part of the reason they got into a fight with the Banditos. (The Hell's Angels and Banditos are rivals). I'm not sure about the other three small motorcycle clubs. (yes, there were actually 5 clubs involved)

But no, not all biker clubs are gangs. To suggest that we make it illegal for them to get together just because of the bad ones is to say that we don't believe in Constitution, or the rights that it acknowledges.

Pinsnscrews
05-19-2015, 04:20 AM
Biker gang members go out mob handed,When alone they turn to jelly.The massive turn outs are disruptive to all other road users.They think they are a law unto themselves,it is time to make it illegal for more than say four Bikes together.

That sounds just like the Anti-Gun crowd I keep running into. "Only Criminals ride motorcycles, so don't let them get into groups or they will rape your women and children." These particular Criminals are Gang Members who chose Bikes as their mode of transportation. Treat them as Gang Members, and take away the Stigma of "Biker". These criminals only make up 1% or less of the "Biker" Community. The other 99% are not Violent Criminals.

bob208
05-19-2015, 09:23 AM
ah the old there ought to be a law. as stated that is the same thing the gun banners say. the banditos and the hells angles are not ravels. they are mortal enemies. same as the bloods and crips. just they ride motorcycles.

KYCaster
05-19-2015, 09:38 PM

I dated one of those IHOP waitresses, her name was Ilene...........

dtknowles
05-19-2015, 10:01 PM

You want to have a new law because you don't like Bike riders riding in a group? Land of the Free, not land of "your rights can be denied because someone does not like what you do." If they do something like impeding traffic or something that violates the rights of others, cite them.

Tim

TXGunNut
05-19-2015, 10:14 PM
We dealt with the Bandidos in the early 80's, they were into stolen Harleys and a car or truck now and then in those days. Most of that chapter went to the pen but are probably out by now. See Cossacks now and then and an occasional Nomad but mostly Bandidos. Not even sure if either gang even has a local chapter any more.
Used to like the Elite Grill in Waco, won't stop there again. Texas Ranger Hall of Fame is a nice place to spend a few hours... unless you're scooter trash, of course. And no, not applying that label to all bikers!

Lonegun1894
05-20-2015, 02:04 AM
I live within 5 miles of that TP, and was on duty the day this excitement happened. Here's my take on things. Depending on the day, read that as the type of clientele, the place was either a nice place to eat or a craphole waiting for an incident like happened a couple days ago. For what it's worth, considering the "uniforms" worn by the waitresses are skimpier than even Hooters, I wouldn't take any woman I respected there, but that's just me. The place is one step above a strip joint, except it serves food. The biker gangs have been getting out of hand there for 2-3 months now. TP has been actively encouraging these gang member get-togethers by advertising bike night and specifically refusing to cooperate with the local PD and telling the PD to stay away so they wouldn't interfere with their business. Now I said the gangs, not the normal bikers. I used to ride too, and know the difference. Yes, most are good, just like in almost any other type of group, but the biker gangs aren't any better than any other gang, and worse than a lot of them. Riding a bike doesn't say anything negative to me about a person, but riding a bike while wearing a vest or anything else that identifies you as a gang member says A LOT. I could care less if a group of 2-3 are riding together, or a group of 500 for that matter. They are still required to follow the laws of the road just like the rest of us. If they break those laws, I will stop them if in my town, or expect the local PD to do so if elsewhere, but it will be for breaking a law, not just gathering in a group like the Constitution says ALL of us have a right to do.

fred2892
05-20-2015, 02:27 AM

Are you mad? This is the typical thought process of the fools who meekly and silently stood by and lost us our handguns and semi auto rifles. (It looks bad, I don't understand it, let's ban it).