PDA

View Full Version : Redding 10X Powder Measure

GLL
05-17-2015, 09:43 PM
I want to get another powder measure.
Have you ever used a Redding 10X measure?

If so, how in your opinion does it compare to the 3BR with the pistol chamber?
My pistol loads use powders such that 10 grains would be a very maximum !

Any comments would be welcomed.

Jerry

shooter93
05-18-2015, 07:27 PM
I have both Jerry and I prefer the 10x for pistol or small quantity loads. The big measure will work ok with the small chamber but it is nice just to have them both. I use a great deal of Unique in pistol rounds and it stays with in a 1/10 or 2 with it which is as good as any measure will with a powder like Unique. As I'm sure you're well aware once you have a consistent rhythm a measure works very well. I have thought about a Harrell measure but the 10x works just fine....no clicks though but that doesn't matter to me. Many of my handgun loads are below 10 grains also and the 10x works quite well.

GLL
05-19-2015, 05:30 PM
shooter:

Thank you for the response ! I ordered a 10X today to go with my 3BR and will PM you once I get to compare results.

Best Regards.

Jerry

shooter93
05-19-2015, 07:07 PM
You're more than welcome Jerry. I'm sure you'll be happy with it. I don't have equipment permanently mounted on a bench so if nothing else I like have the two measures. I load a lot more handgun rounds than rifle for sure and use a number of stick powder for rifles so I also have a Belding and Mull for those.

GSM
05-19-2015, 11:11 PM
Don't have the 3BR w/pistol chamber - just the 10X for pistol.

Chamber is nice - a lot of travel on the mic for a small change in volume.

Mine needed a little "work-in" when it first arrived. The tolerances between the body casting and the cylinder were probably a mix of min and max. It took what seemed like a lot of effort to rotate the cylinder. A little Flitz and some time made it better. It is still tight enough that the cylinder face needs to be fairly clean of powder streaking in order to rotate freely.

Once the powder column is consolidated in the measure, it is solid. Very uniform drops for as long as you have powder and want to turn the lever .