PDA

View Full Version : Jorge (pronounced Horhea) should get a ticket for speeding

SgtDog0311
05-17-2015, 07:41 PM
I've spent enough time the last couple weeks loading a raft of hyphenated calibers for summer shooting that I've got pretty sensitive to traffic noise from my reloading room.

This morning I got amped up a little with someone obviously speeding in the neighborhood... and I live on a cul-de-sac, so that's no mean fête.

I ran out the front door but not in time to catch the culprit. Couldn't get a make or model let alone a licence plate since he took a left turn before I cleared the houses to my left where I could get a line down the street.

I was about to go back inside having resolved to be faster next time when I noticed something had toppled off, or been shoved of as the offending vehicle banked for its u-turn.
What the heck??

I fetched the box back to the bench with some satisfaction thinking "at least that rascal will have some regrets for taking corners so fast in a residential neighborhood".

But when I opened the box and saw the contents I thought back to a recent comment made in passing that "with an M1A you never have enough brass; the action being a little hard on the .308 cases".

It was no leap to realize that I'd just missed catching George in the act.
I went from 'wishing I could catch the speeding scoundrel for a lecture or worse', to wishing I'd have had a chance to thank old Jorge! At the rate I shoot my M1A I do believe I've enough brass to last me for a while and to keep my Thumber's tumbler working overtime.

So if you are reading this George, "I wish you were not so shy - were it not the case we might have enjoyed a cup of coffee or even some breakfast together". Thanks Buddy!! That box was a fairly significant early Christmas present!!

skeettx
05-18-2015, 05:49 PM
John

George is faster that a speeding boolit and able to leap tall berms in a single bound !!
He looks awesome in that Red Speedo with the G on his chest :)

What fun, what fun

Enjoy your brass that Jorge (George) left, An M1A is a honey of a shooting tool.

Mike

plus1hdcp
05-18-2015, 11:07 PM
Really enjoyed reading the documentary, well done and get to the range soon and try some of the brass out.

skeettx
05-20-2015, 01:16 PM
UPDATE! UPDATE!
WOW, another speeding event

George STREAKED down the alley and dumped four logs in my driveway
Yes, he was wearing clothes :) (RED speedo)
When I went to pick up the logs they were lead sheathing rolled up and wrapped
in brown paper
YEEEE HAWWWW
Swagged bullets and breech seat bullets here they come!!
AWESOME
Thanks to the Caped Crusader
Mike

rmatchell
05-20-2015, 05:58 PM
I wonder where George finds all this great stuff, and how his truck will ever hold up to that abuse.

Was this the truck?

skeettx
05-20-2015, 06:17 PM
You know!! The tires were really squashed and the truck looked like a low rider.
Sure did sway when he rounded the corner on two wheels :)

Mike

smokeywolf
05-20-2015, 06:19 PM
John, if you're not making this up, go buy a lottery ticket.

rmatchell
05-20-2015, 06:35 PM
John
George is faster that a speeding boolit and able to leap tall berms in a single bound !!
He looks awesome in that Red Speedo with the G on his chest :)

What fun, what fun

Enjoy your brass that Jorge (George) left, An M1A is a honey of a shooting tool.

Mike

Im not sure what to think about the speedo, our local scrap yard has a dress code

BrassMagnet
05-20-2015, 09:09 PM
Since George was in Oklahoma and Texas, I thought Colorado was safe. He must be a speedo speed freak.
Was it George that got my 376 Steyr brass? I don't have a use for it and I suspect he knew that. Now who does?

Baryngyl
05-21-2015, 10:48 PM
I wonder where George finds all this great stuff, and how his truck will ever hold up to that abuse.

Was this the truck?

When I was about 13 years old my Dad had a 40s something chevy 2 ton army truck that that happened to (I wish I had the pics of it), a neighbor had a load of lumber dropped in front of our house since the lumber company refused to haul it up the washed out mountain road to his place he was building.

My Dad offered to haul it up for him and we loaded all that lumber on the truck, some of it was up to 20 feet long, the truck bed was 16 feet long and that was to long for the frame of the truck to start with, my Dad made it about 1/4 mile up the road and the truck frame snapped in half right between the cab and bed, we unloaded it all jumped up and down on it to flatten it back out since the bottom part of the frame was still holding it together, then he drove it really slow about 15 miles or so to the machine shop where they made sure it was lined up, welded the frame and then put a piece of flat steel on the inside and out of the frame and bolted and welded it in place.

Michael Grace