PDA

View Full Version : Inline Reloading Press Tri-Standard Load-a-matic 1800

Labanaktis
05-16-2015, 05:45 PM
These were built in the 1950s and 1960s. I am looking for info on them. I would like to see pics. If anyone in Michigan has one please hit me up! If anyone has one collecting dust, please let me know.

btw, I have googled them and already seen the few pages that are out there.

I have a 1960s Tri-Standard Lubesizer and it's great!

Thanks, Matt

ReloaderFred
05-16-2015, 11:00 PM
Matt,

I have the 10th machine made by the old Tri Standard Manufacturing Co. in Los Angeles, CA, in 1955. Mine is set up for .38 Special and I had it rebuilt last year by Randy Gillispie, the son of the last owner of the machines, in Kingman, AZ. His phone number is: 951 536 4669. He still has new machines and lots of parts, but they aren't cheap. Randy can provide you with any information you need on the machines, but be advised there was never an operator's manual for them. Randy's father insisted that when he sold a new machine, the new owner had to spend at least three days with him and he would show him everything about the machine.

Hope this helps.

Fred

PS: Mine's not for sale.........

Labanaktis
05-17-2015, 12:42 AM
Thanks Fred! I would love to see one working.... I want to get a good idea on how the shuttle is working. I see the advance, but I would like to see how the return is being picked up.... There are no good videos on YT.... I would like to design my own and build one.....there is a lot there I know, but it would be extreamly rewarding to do so.

Very cool "old" machine. I prefer the old style.

Thanks Matt

ReloaderFred
05-17-2015, 11:28 AM
My machine is still a manual machine, in that I have to pull the handle for each round. A lot of them have been converted to motor driven, and when Randy refurbished mine, he tried to talk me into letting him add the motor, but I had already paid him $710.00 for the work he had done, and I didn't want it motorized, nor did I want to put anymore money into it.

Here's a link to some of the machines running: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCd1vcXJcgBwnkZpWWme7q3g/videos

None of the machines in the videos are mine, since I'm photographically challenged...........

Hope this helps.

Fred

ascast
05-17-2015, 11:38 AM
very cool tx 4 posting

ReloaderFred
05-17-2015, 01:11 PM
When I was Rangemaster for our department back in the late 1970's, we had an old Load a Matic machine that was collecting dust, since I loaded all our practice .38 Spl. ammunition on an AmmoLoad motorized machine. I cleaned up the Load a Matic and we used it to load our match ammunition for the pistol team, shooting PPC matches. I don't really know how many rounds I loaded on that old machine, but I was averaging shooting about 1,500 rounds a week in practices, plus shooting two matches every weekend during the season while on the pistol team. The other team members used the machine, too, so we loaded many, many thousands of rounds on that Load a Matic. I have no idea whatever happened to it, or the Ammoload.

The AmmoLoad we had was very, very close in design to the Load a Matic, but motor driven, and had a case collator. Ours was fed bullets from tubes, and we bought our bullets already tubed. I loaded about 180,000 rounds on the AmmoLoad machine before I promoted to Sergeant and left the range after 2 1/2 years.

My Load a Matic is hand operated and feeds both the brass and bullets from tubes. I haven't located any of the steel tubes that were used on the original machines, and I'm in the process of making an adaptor to fit polycarbonate tubes for the brass to feed into my machine. I have plenty of PVC bullet tubes and I've already got them adapted to the machine.

So many projects and so little time.........

Hope this helps.

Fred