PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone tried the CI 22 LR ammunition?

Crosbyman
05-16-2015, 12:35 PM
It is made in Mexico.

OuchHot!
05-16-2015, 02:33 PM
I wonder how many plants are in Mexico. The eley club and aguila ammo from mexico seems ok. Not match stuff but reasonable. Maybe they all come out of the same factory. I have not seen any CI around here, yet.

Landshark9025
05-25-2015, 02:06 PM
Has it always been? Gander just got a bunch in d so I picked up some. Seemed to be jam-o-matic in both my Marlin 60s. Never had that problem before.

Hardcast416taylor
05-25-2015, 10:59 PM
Like I reported about an E-Mail I got from Brownell`s, they are selling this stuff.Robert

Dhammer
05-26-2015, 05:39 AM
Not at prices they are asking for it.

olafhardt
06-15-2015, 12:16 AM
You gotta be more specific. CCI may make more kinds of 22 lr than any body else. These include everything from very low power, low noise pest control rounds to hyper velocity rounds and many things in between. The CCI Mini-Mag Hollowpoint is a super good small game load. I would expect simiautomatic 22's to give all sorts of problems with the low velocity quiet stuff and I would not be surprised for some of the hot stuff to damage some of the more fragile 22's. Ignoring the current shortage induced scalping, CCI ammo prices give the 22 shooter a huge choice of quality affordable ammo. I have no association with CCI but if they send me an offer to sell me some ammo at MSRP I will be on it like a chicken on a bug.

BTW T he boxes I checked say "Made INUSA". For some reason I wonder if anybody is reading your post because it is so far from reality. Some of us have ducked our responsibility to answer queries.

olafhardt
06-15-2015, 12:32 AM
I went back and reread the whole thread and see you are talking about CI not CCI. If they picked that name to mislead it worked on me.

WILCO
06-15-2015, 10:07 AM
Has anyone tried the CI 22 LR ammunition? It is made in Mexico.

Seems like a mixed bag of reviews. From good to bad. Haven't tried any, so I don't know.