PDA

View Full Version : In Honor of Post #223

Rooster
05-15-2015, 09:45 PM
I was reading about the 22lr shortage and saw some comments on using 223's instead and that got me to pondering. Well, I do have plenty of that brass that I reload now and I'm thinking of picking up a bolt action something-or-other at the next show. I have a 22lr conversion for my poodle shooter currently but I also want to load some 22lr steroidal loads for it out of the Mil brass that I have. I've never tried casting such a small caliber/weight and using my (left over) brain cells pondered that those might be problematic to cast being so small and whatnot.

Here is my request for my 223rd post: Please share your kinks on loading reduced powered, small caliber (.17 to .22) low velocity loads and please suggest a good mould that you have used as I'm clueless at the moment and would like to buy a couple of them to start experimenting (woohoo!).

Oh, and a good bolt gun recommendation in that caliber, that isn't exorbitantly priced, would make my jimmies quiver!

Blammer
05-15-2015, 09:47 PM
6gr of unique and any 50gr projectile in a 223rem case. :)

Bad Water Bill
05-16-2015, 08:59 PM
So far I have not heard of anyone producing moulds or any other stuff so we can cast and shoot 17 or 20 cal reloads.

Yes some things are sadly missing so far.