PDA

View Full Version : Pro 1000 must have

Boolit_Head
05-15-2015, 12:50 PM
I've all ways hated the ejector on the Pro 1000. Had several rounds jam and just generally crappy ejection. The other day I was parusing ebay and ran across a ejector from a seller named "evenian" that intrigued me. I picked it up and tossed it on for a trial run last night. I can not describe how much better this was. As soon as I get some more rounds cast up I will give it a real acid test.

For some reason he does not have any at the moment but I highly recommend it.

OuchHot!
05-15-2015, 02:49 PM
I like the way you polished the slide. I do get rounds wadding up there. I'll give your ejector a try.

Boolit_Head
05-15-2015, 02:52 PM
Not mine, those were pictures from the ebay sale. I've been working on my slide as well though to do the same thing since it's got 25 years of tarnish and crud on it.

44Vaquero
05-15-2015, 02:54 PM
Love it! The guy that makes those is a member of our FB page "Lee Reloading and Casting Equipment"! I still use a curved nail, but plan on picking a couple of those up from him soon!

Boolit_Head
05-15-2015, 03:00 PM
I've also been thinking of extending the chute a inch or two just to actually be able to place it over a container instead of hoping it fell far enough away to land in a container.

OuchHot!
05-15-2015, 04:18 PM
I have the top of a cut down 1qt plastic oil jug attached to the end of the slide to sort of funnel the rounds into a bin. It flaps around a bit during cycling but that seems to keep it clear.