PDA

View Full Version : MyWeigh GemPro 250 customer service

AbitNutz
05-15-2015, 08:38 AM
Last year I bought a GemPro 250 digital scale off Amazon for a really good price. This is the same scale that Brian Enos is selling on his sight. It got great reviews and has a max capacity of 770Gr and a resolution of.02Gr. It would even continue to measure as I dribbled powder into it.

At some point it started to drift from zero. I calibrated it, let it warm up over night, chanted spells, nothing worked. If I set it to zero, a few minutes later it would start to go negative and continue to drift lower until it was turned off. Thank God I noticed this error before I loaded up some unforgiving recipe. Eventually I gave up and bought a RCBS Chargemaster, which I'm completely happy with in just about every way. I check it out regularly with my faithful green Redding No.2.

I was looking through my Amazon orders and was reacquainted with the GemPro and noticed it had a 30 year warranty. 30 year warranty? Really? What digital electronic anything has a 30 year warranty? So I decided to test it out.

The number for the MyWeigh (HBI) was not easy to find. I found an address and an email but no number. I wrote and got no response. Not good. I finally found a number, they answered instantly. I told the young lady of my grief and she said that I needed the either the warranty card or a receipt. I'm glad I ordered from Amazon because I could just print out a new receipt....off it went to AZ.

I called about a week later and they gave me a tracking number. A new scale arrived yesterday and I think I know why the scale I got from Amazon was cheaper. The new scale was in a different box altogether. It was well padded, had a pair of tweezers, a check weight and 2nd platter. My original scale had none of those. The scale looks more or less the same but I can't be sure. I believe it's an updated model.

Anyway, long story short. They stand behind their warranty, no questions asked.

jsizemore
05-15-2015, 12:40 PM
Let us know how the replacement works.

country gent
05-15-2015, 12:49 PM
Mine was purchased direct and it has worked flawlessly for 3 years now. I really like it alot. Unlike alot of digitals you can trickle with this scales and it is very sensitive, keep this in mind as vibrations air currents can and do affect it at times.