PDA

View Full Version : Some good Wisconsin Bud

ohland
05-12-2015, 06:32 PM

Good thing that heads do not smoke tree peony buds, 'cuz this one is a good 'un. Just hoping that we don't get frosted.

Leopard's Bane is blooming. Morels are up. Queen of Night Tulips are blooming.

pworley1
05-12-2015, 06:41 PM
We had a horse that loved peony buds. It would almost push the fence down to get to one.

nagantguy
05-17-2015, 07:57 PM
First house i bought after the Corps I noticed ants all over one side of the house, put out some ant traps, them some more ant traps, no more ants but the pretty flowers started to die? Come to find out peonys need ants....learned a lot since then, still learning every day. Our heirloom asparagus patch it came from my wife's grandparents place up north, some was transplanted to her parents farm, we got some root crowns two hears ago, this year nothing not one shoot, about to give up on it, its been cold other peoples was late but now its in, last night sometime some of ours came up! Wife was sure I killed it by salting it this spring, the commercial growers north of us use up to 100 pounds an Acer, kills the weeds feeds the asparagus guess it needs the potassium. Anyhow its great how happy things sprouting in the spring makes ya!

nagantguy
05-17-2015, 10:31 PM
First house i bought after the Corps I noticed ants all over one side of the house, put out some ant traps, them some more ant traps, no more ants but the pretty flowers started to die? Come to find out peonys need ants....learned a lot since then, still learning every day. Our heirloom asparagus patch it came from my wife's grandparents place up north, some was transplanted to her parents farm, we got some root crowns two hears ago, this year nothing not one shoot, about to give up on it, its been cold other peoples was late but now its in, last night sometime some of ours came up! Wife was sure I killed it by salting it this spring, the commercial growers north of us use up to 100 pounds an Acer, kills the weeds feeds the asparagus guess it needs the potassium. Anyhow its great how happy things sprouting in the spring makes ya!