PDA

View Full Version : Pistol lube and where to purchase it???

Vstrom
03-16-2008, 11:27 PM
O.K. hears the deal, I have a RCBS lubber seizer, I have all the lead I need, I have WW ingots from 20 years ago, and about 30 lbs of linotype lead, also the traps we use let me collect all the lead I shoot, I now have 3 coffee cans full, all in all about 100+ lbs of the stuff! With all this I would like to get back into casting, and I have a fair jump on it! BUT the last time I purchased lube for it was a buck a stick and there was only a couple of choices now there seems to be dozens of them, I do not have a heater and I would like to purchase one because the boolets I cast 20 years ago are still sticky!!! I shoot 380, 9mm, 38 special and Mag, 40 S&W, 44 special and Mag and lastly 45 ACP indoors all with lead, I also have a 32 ACP but shoot jacketed bullets with it, so with that in mind I am looking for a pistol lube for all of the above cartridges any suggestions? Also when smelting I noticed everyone uses cast iron can I use stainless? I would think so but would like someone else’s opinion. Sorry fro being long winded!! ONE more thing where do you all purchase your supplies, Midway seems to be backorderd on a lot of things??:p:-P

357maximum
03-16-2008, 11:35 PM
http://www.lsstuff.com/index.html

His Carnauba red is excellent, I use it for J-word velocity loads in rifles.

His B.A.C blend is proably about right for your needs...it is my favorite , I use it in everything from 38spcl,45acp,357mag/max, and in my 30/30 rifles..it is a hybrid of his carnauba red and the 50/50NRA , he got the name wrong but "perfect lube" might have sound egotystical to him.

Hard to beat the price. Not affiliated, just one very satisfied customer.

Johnch
03-16-2008, 11:39 PM
I have to agree with the post above
I have used several of his lubes
Non have been anything less than exlant

John

Duckiller
03-17-2008, 12:02 AM
I am another satisified customer that will recommend Glenn's lube. The hardest lube needs some heat but it readily sets up and doesn't melt and run all over the place in the heat of summer. IT WORKS!