PDA

View Full Version : Interest in the Primer Guard II (for earlier versions of the Rock Chucker)

Johnny_V
05-10-2015, 08:03 PM
As many of you already know, my Primer Guard (http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?274940-Rock-Chucker-Supreme-Primer-Guard&highlight=primer+Guard) has been a huge success.

I have had many requests for a version of the Primer Guard to work on the older Rock Chuckers and am pretty close to finalizing the design of the Primer Guard II (for earlier versions of the Rock Chucker), but want to see if there is enough interest in going forward (before fabricating the fixtures). There is one slight drawback on the design of this version though. It will require modification of the ram to permit rear ejection of the spent primers. The modification would require the ram be sent to me and a 5/16" x 30º hole bored into the rear of the ram, plus the existing primer arm slot be lengthened by about 5/16" and a 5-40 hole be drilled and tapped. Neither one of these modifications alter the use of the press priming arm. Cost for this modification would be about $30.00, but could be shipped back to you, with the Primer Guard II, in the same SFRB.

Please let me know your interests so I will know where this project stands. I will be posting a video (when I get some time) to show the Primer Guard II and the ram modifications.

cheese1566
05-10-2015, 08:15 PM
I am interested, but can do the ram modification myself.
What about a 6-40 tap? I have those already for scope mounts. ( plus common 6-32's)

mattw
05-11-2015, 09:19 AM
I am very interested!

square butte
05-11-2015, 09:56 AM
I'm interested

Johnny_V
05-19-2015, 02:27 PM
Bump to top.....

Grasslander
05-30-2015, 06:07 AM
I'm interested..

John J
05-30-2015, 08:19 AM
could the ram be turned 180 deg and that would put the primer slot in the back to work with the primer guard ?

Johnny_V
05-31-2015, 07:39 AM
could the ram be turned 180 deg and that would put the primer slot in the back to work with the primer guard ?

Flipping the ram 180º would only "mis-align" the discharge slot of the Primer Guard, causing a potential "Traffic jam" of primers, since the ram slot is much lower than the discharge slot of the Primer Guard. When a case is decapped, the primer needs to be sent to discharge ASAP, taking with it the primer residue. If the ram were flipped, chances are the primer might eject to the Primer Guard on the next "upstroke" of the ram, but that's iffy, because the build up of residue in the discharge slot of the ram, would impede the smooth flow of primers. Hope this helps.....

tred1956
11-28-2016, 12:50 PM
I am interested

Johnny_V
11-28-2016, 01:18 PM
I am interested

Tred1956,

I have a working prototype, but the owner of this site wants me to pay a vendors fee for doing business. If I were making a killing off these Primer Guards, I would consider paying, but as it is, I barely break even. For the Rock Chucker Supreme, I have also made a case kicker that works in conjunction with my Primer Guard.

tred1956
11-28-2016, 01:24 PM
Thanks I will be in touch after Christmas
Doug

TNsailorman
11-28-2016, 04:41 PM
If the unit would fit a RC II , I would be very interested also. Mine flips primers all over the floor or even worse, they bounce off the post down between the machine and the manual primer arm, then I have to take the primer arm off the machine to get them out. When you get everything worked out, let me know the price and an address. james

runfiverun
11-28-2016, 06:08 PM
Johnny we have a S&S section which allows you to sell stuff.
it is for casual sales.
and I doubt your gonna sell more than 10 a month, this means you fall within those guidelines.
if it's an ongoing 10-15 sales a month then you qualify for the other status but it does have some advantages.
think about it from both sides.

Johnny_V
11-28-2016, 06:19 PM
Johnny we have a S&S section which allows you to sell stuff.
it is for casual sales.
and I doubt your gonna sell more than 10 a month, this means you fall within those guidelines.
if it's an ongoing 10-15 sales a month then you qualify for the other status but it does have some advantages.
think about it from both sides.

I was selling my Primer Guards in the S&S section, more as a service to the folks who have an RCIV press, barely covering my costs, when I was told I have to pay for vendor status by 45nut. Sorry, but he did more of a disservice those folks, than to me. I have had plenty of people buy my units via "word of mouth" than from this site.