PDA

View Full Version : Any mold makers? Looking to make 22tcm mold 224 in 40-45g

Outer Rondacker
05-10-2015, 08:01 PM
I picked up a new 22TCM and have been thinking of having a cheap mold made for it. I plan on PCing the bullet so I dont think it would be to hard to make. I do not have access to tooling machines or I would give it a go. Do we have a mold maker on the forums who wont brake the bank? My first idea was just grab a lee mold and drill out the lube rings. But then the bullet will be even more weight than what I am looking for. I might be out of my mind here but that is why I am asking you guys.

This just stuck me. Is a mold like this already on the market?

Mold would have to be .224-.225 and drop a kinda blunt round noise 40-45grain bullet.

Handloader109
05-10-2015, 11:08 PM
I picked up an old Herters single cavity 2243 that drops a 40gr and I bought a two cav Lee bator mold that is about 47gr. The bator is flatter nosed and in the few I have loaded and shot, I like the results of the Herters better. The bator tumbled a bit. Both were sized in order to seat al gas check. Used alox on them. No leading from a couple of dozen shot. I have twenty or so loaded that I'll try next time I get to the range. I have PCd my 9mm cast, but not these due to being gc'd. Want to try the bator in my AR, but no time. Wish I could find a multiple cavity mold of the Herters.

superdan
05-10-2015, 11:24 PM
Don't know if it would work but it is short and in the weight range you want.

http://noebulletmolds.com/NV/product_info.php?cPath=24&products_id=932

Outer Rondacker
05-11-2015, 06:23 AM
I wonder if I was to HP the lee mold if it would make it light enough. Has anyone done this? That noe mold is nice. I will be pulling a factory bullet head today to get an OAL of the bullet it self. Problem I am running into is most 223 bullets are very pointy. I kinda need a blunt stub like a 357 profile.

Intel6
05-11-2015, 04:36 PM
I have this mould and the WFN linked above and I think this mould is more of what you are looking for. While it is a bit light it has the proper profile for the TCM, the WFN is kind of blunt.

Neal in AZ

http://noebulletmolds.com/NV/product_info.php?cPath=24&products_id=414

Handloader109
05-14-2015, 08:44 PM
Neal, that is the mold I've been considering. The single cav herters is just SO slow....would love to get a 4 cav to speed this up.

Outer Rondacker
05-15-2015, 05:45 PM
LOL what the chances you guys can drop a few in the mail to try out first?

Handloader109
05-21-2015, 09:13 AM
Ordered the NOE mold the other day as I had previously put myself down for a group buy HP for my 9mm from them. Save a bit on postage....gee starting to think like my wife.....at any rate I'll cast a pile once it comes in. I'll pm you for your address and send you some to try.