PDA

View Full Version : my 32 mag bearcat is done

Lloyd Smale
03-16-2008, 07:51 PM
Alan harton called tonight and said it was all done. he just had to tweek the trigger a little and blue the front sight blade. He said he took it out shooting today and with 10 grains of lilgun and a 100 grain cast bullet it shot into an inch at 25 yards. He is going to ship it first to boge quinn. Boge had a blued one built just like it and is doing an article for gunblast on both of them. then its going to the csa shoot and is comming back with my buddy Al when the shoot is done.

Dale53
03-16-2008, 08:03 PM
Lloyd;
That will be a fun little wabbit gun. I LIKE the concept. However, since I have a S&W 631 4" in .32 H&R, I guess THAT will suffice for my lightweight trail gun (or my S&W 60-4 3" barrel with adjustable sights). I prefer the longer 4" barrel for a trail gun but the 3" model 60 does suprisingly well at reasonable ranges (shot a few clean targets at 25 yards but reporting 95 or better would be a more realistic assessment). That is on the timed fire target...

I'll bet you do as well with your new toy. I've got a picture of you dressed in a tutu tripping around the room singing, "Happy, happy, happy". Well, maybe not a tutu, but surely the singing Happy, Happy, Happy...:mrgreen::mrgreen:

Dale53

9.3X62AL
03-16-2008, 09:45 PM
Lloyd--

That little revolver will be a very fine trail companion, for sure!

I have a little trail gun project under way at present, disassembled on my computer table. A few years ago I bought a Colt Pocket Positive x 6" in 32 SWL in original nickel after a real low-ball price was given by the gun's owner. Its bore isn't perfect, but usable. When lighting is right, so that its sights are visible--it shoots pretty darn well. It has even been "blooded"--a jackrabbit whose bio-rhythm chart was obviously set on triple-low one fine autumn day stepped out during a quail hunt and received one (1) each RCBS 98 grain SWC in his boiler room with permanent effect. As noted above, not only the planets but also the sun has to align correctly for all the gears to mesh in this metaphoric transmission.

The little roller needs an advancing hand. I glommed onto a Police Positive hand from a buddy parting out a junker that is minus cylinder and barrel--it should arrive in the next day or so. I'm hoping this part fits or can be adapted to my revolver, 'cause its hand is peened out past any semblance of residual service life. All o' y'all be keepin' yer fingers crossed--ya hear?

Aaron
03-16-2008, 11:48 PM
Lloyd,

I was thinking about doing something like this as well. Looks like the 32 just fits. I was wondering if a 5-shot 9mm luger version could be done. Not sure if there would be enough meat to contain 30,000 psi. Room for a rim would not be necessary and since one would have to poke them out one at a time, I think head spacing on the mouth would be a non-issue. I am definitely doing a 41 Special on a single six.

Thoughts?

Aaron

crabo
03-17-2008, 04:40 AM
Llyod, please let us know when he writes the review for gunblast so we can read it.

Crabo

Lloyd Smale
03-17-2008, 05:37 AM
dale if you even part with those smith 32s let me know. Id sure like to pick one up. Arron i think the 32 is about the biggest case thats going to fit and still allow for any kind of pressure in a 5 shot gun. ill post when the write up is there.

brshooter
03-17-2008, 08:08 AM
I bought 2 of the S&W Model 16's when they came out in 1990, a 6" and a 8 3/8". Sold the 6" a couple of years ago and still have the 8 3/8" unfired in the original box. Was going to make an ISU centerfire gun out of it, New Match barrel, sights, grips but arm gave out and had to give up competitive shooting. I have a new S&W single action trigger that I was going to install on the gun all so. I have all ready sold al the Lapua 32 S&W brass I had for it.

Bret4207
03-17-2008, 08:15 AM
Al- are you going to add some real sites to the Colt or just squint?

Lloyd- You're a better man than I. No way could I put the money into something like that and lend it out to ANYBODY!

brshooter- I really got to stop by your place someday. We just have too much in common!

Lloyd Smale
03-17-2008, 08:34 AM
bret I was more conserned with my guns back when i had a couple rugers. Ive had a bunch of customs done over the years and it gets kind of anti climatic after a while. As a matter of fact this bearcat was done not because i needed it but because talking with alan on the phone i couldnt come up with somethng i really needed. I wanted him to build me a gun and this was something he hadnt tried and wanted to also. bottom line is im not going to jump up and down trying to convince anyone that its a real practical gun. Its more like my single six 41 special. I cool gun that will be fun to plink with occasionaly. For real hunting chores theres better choises then either. Ive never been one to baby a gun. My guns get the crap shot out of them and there road hard and put away wet! It doesnt matter to me whether its a 400 dollar ruger or a 2000 dollar custom. Bottom line is there all just tools. I relate it to buying a drill. You can pick up a black and decker cheap that does the job or you can buy a milwaukee that does it a tad better but your not going to polish the milwaukee or not use it because it might get scratched. I consider boge a friend as i do just about everyone going to the csa shoot. Anything that is mine is also my freinds.