PDA

View Full Version : hornady projector progressive input?

HARRYMPOPE
05-09-2015, 09:55 AM
I had a very early one before the lock and load stuff it was only ok. a local shop around here has the current ones with the lock and load on closeout for a bit over $300 I was wondering if anybody has used one and what their take is on it.

TheCelt
05-09-2015, 10:39 AM
A Hornady LNL AP for "a little over $300" is a darned good deal!!! I have one and love it. I have loaded many thousands of rounds on it and have no complaints. Keep the primer system clean and you'll have no trouble with it.

HARRYMPOPE
05-09-2015, 10:50 AM
Thanks. Ill buy it.I think I still get the 500 free bullets too.

skud_dusty
05-09-2015, 12:18 PM
I was originally going with blue but I did end up with a LnL progressive and I love it. Caliber changes are very quick and easy. The powder measure is extremely accurate. 5 stations leave a ton of options. The only problem I've had has been brass with tiny primer pockets getting through my sorting and being a pain to seat. Make sure your primer seat is cinched down tight or it's easy to get high primers. Case feeders are expensive unfortunately, but not having one isn't a deal breaker

DR Owl Creek
05-09-2015, 12:56 PM
I've had an AP L-N-L for at least 11 years, and I'll run 1000's and 1000's of rounds of ammo (both handgun and rifle) on it. Several of my friends have used my equipment, and run a ton of ammo on it too. I have several other friends with the AP L-N-L presses, and they've all run great. Buy with confidence.

Dave

blaser.306
05-09-2015, 01:06 PM
I have one , and liked it so much I bought a second! Like with ANY press, they do like to be kept clean and lubed on the grease nipples provided! The fact they come with nipples is enough by itself don't you think!!!

azrednek
05-09-2015, 01:30 PM
I love mine. Buy a dry lube for the primer slider. Graphite will work but is messy. I got a Sta-Lube brand dry lubricant from Home Depot that I've been using for about 5 years and still have plenty left. I greased the nipples upon arrival and it hasn't been necessary since.

LUBEDUDE
05-09-2015, 02:24 PM
I love mine. Buy a dry lube for the primer slider. Graphite will work but is messy. I got a Sta-Lube brand dry lubricant from Home Depot that I've been using for about 5 years and still have plenty left. I greased the nipples upon arrival and it hasn't been necessary since.

Hey AR, you ARE talking about a machine here right? :)

sometimes my mind wanders off to strange places....

Hardcast416taylor
05-09-2015, 03:33 PM
I got my Pro-Jector the first year they were offered. I up graded a while later to the Pro-Jector when it was offered. I later got another new Pro-Jector series press new in the box when Hornady had changed the type and color of Red paint they offered, that press was a 24 hour headache to keep timed. It was sold at a yard sale we held. My original press, I took off the frills that were irksome, to basically a loading press with out on press priming or auto case charging or ejection. I have loaded untold thousands of different cartridges up thru magnum rifle cases and as low as .32 acp as I have a full set of the case holders. I know that when this press does roll over and give up the ghost, as all presses eventually do, that it`ll be a sad in my loading room.Robert

Tenbender
05-09-2015, 04:47 PM
I must of been doing something wrong. I hated mine. The priming station is where I had my problem. Gone now so I will do it the old fashion way. LOL

azrednek
05-10-2015, 09:02 PM
Hey AR, you ARE talking about a machine here right? :)

sometimes my mind wanders off to strange places....

Looks like my mind did wander off somewhere!! I assumed the discussion was in regards to the Hornady Lock N Load. I'm not even sure what the Pro-Jector is.

Fishman
05-11-2015, 07:39 AM
The Pro-jector is the precursor to the lock-n-load. I have one but would like to upgrade to the LNL. Mine loads ammo well but the shell kicker and the primer system are problematic. If I could get an LNL for $300 I would, great price!

bleukahuna
05-11-2015, 08:30 AM
You do know that for$200 Hornady will exchange your Pro-Jector(or Pro-7) for a shiny new Lock n Load AP, right?

Hardcast416taylor
05-11-2015, 03:02 PM
Hornady may have halted that trade-in deal by now. For every item on the new press that you removed from your old press they charged you accordingly. I opted to stay with my old press that I took all the irksome frills off and sold off. I no longer have priming problems, nor cases being shot across the room by the kicker nor the case powder drop sticking in 1 position or another and not dropping the charge. I do all those function by hand and still turn out a pile of loads.Robert

Ranger 7
05-11-2015, 03:17 PM
With the Lock and Load Ez ject press the priming and ejecting problems are GONE! (These were the only two problems I had with my Pro Jector).

Have loaded over 25,00 rounds, NO problems.

$300.00 is a super price! Well worth it.

Tenbender
05-11-2015, 10:20 PM
I want one that you pull a lever and spit out a round !! My Hornady was smarter than me. It would prime some then forget some. I put a powder cop on it and I was smarter , for awhile.
I guess it was a pretty good unit. You should not expect perfection. It is going to F-up. You just need to be on top so you can fix it. Not rocket science ! lol

ozarkhillbilly49
05-12-2015, 02:24 AM
love my lock and load ap. give it a bit of cleaning and lube once in a while and they run great.