05-07-2015, 10:15 PM
OK I sold 2 of my Ruger SRH's as I just was not shooting them

So I bought a new 7 1/2" BFR in 45/70 for a new hunting pistol

Not a fan of the grips that come on it

I want a grip that is easy to grip and is durable
Not a fan of the shape of the factory grip

Not planning on hot loads , but smooth wood grips and I don't get along

What would you sujest ?

And where do they get the 7 1/2" barrel length?
I did a quick measurment and got a barrel lenght of almost 8 1/8"
Not complaining ....but I just wonder

John

Whiterabbit
05-08-2015, 12:37 AM
from the front of the frame.

The grips you want are the pao ferro grips with the finger grooves. If you grip it right, the recoil pushes the backstrap into the back of your thumb, causing an auto-reflex that tightens the rest of your fingers around the grip as it recoils. More recoil, the tighter your grip gets in motion.

The OEM grips do nothing but abraid the ball of my hand and my fingertips. I can't stand it either.

Cornbread
05-08-2015, 09:53 AM
from the front of the frame.

The grips you want are the pao ferro grips with the finger grooves. If you grip it right, the recoil pushes the backstrap into the back of your thumb, causing an auto-reflex that tightens the rest of your fingers around the grip as it recoils. More recoil, the tighter your grip gets in motion.

The OEM grips do nothing but abraid the ball of my hand and my fingertips. I can't stand it either.

Thank you! I'm going to give this a try. I hate the OEM grips on mine, they chew my hands up pretty hard with heavy loads.

44man
05-08-2015, 10:51 AM
All of my BFR's came with Uncle Mikes rubber grips, I want nothing else.
Barrel length on the BFR's is measured from the front of the frame.
You are going to have a heck of a time to get accuracy from a short barrel in 45-70. I have the 10" and will tell you it was a chore. I made it shoot a 2-1/2" group at 500 yards but it was not easy. I get under 1" at 100.