PDA

View Full Version : Powder valley pistol powder

GaryN
05-07-2015, 01:17 PM
Just a heads up. These usually don't last long. Powder Valley has HS-6, Titegroup, Universal Clays, and CFE Pistol. I would like to try CFE Pistol sometime but don't have the money right now. I try to buy extra powder when I buy it so that I can sell a little of it to pay for the Hazmat. So far it has worked pretty good.

tryNto
05-07-2015, 10:45 PM
My LGS has a few 1# of 700-X. One came home with me today for $25 with tax.

Also 7-8 other types of Rifle Powders.

MaryB
05-07-2015, 11:19 PM
I just can't justify the haz mat fee for 1 8 pounder... will wait for my LGS to get more in

FISH4BUGS
05-08-2015, 08:04 AM
Powder Valley is where I buy all my powder. You really need to watch their web site two or three (or more) times a day. If you see it buy it. Period. Don't wait. You snooze you lose.
I have bought cases of 8 lb'ers and split them with a fellow machine gun shooter. Last purchases were a case each of 748 and 231. Buying it that way gets the hazmat fee and freight a little more tolerable.
Shooter's Outpost in Manchester NH has lots of powder at roughly the same price as we can buy plus freight and hazmat from PV. It all depends on the availability and our needs.
The good news is that it looks like powder scarcity is starting to let up a bit. You just need to be vigilant and persistent. You will find it.

MaryB
05-08-2015, 09:49 PM
My LGS is usually $30 cheaper than paying haz mat and UPS so I wait.