PDA

View Full Version : Can't beat NOE molds

johnho
05-06-2015, 03:51 PM
This is my first NOE mold and was a bit hesitant to get it because never really cast with AL molds. I ordered the 160 grain, 0.402 RN mold with the handles. Arrived really fast and performed the break in per Swede's instructions that came with it. While it took me a bit to get the temp right and I over smoked the mold with my sight blackener, once I got it straightened out it cast the most beautiful bullets I have done. Actually, this mold is better then my H&G molds. Absolutely no seam. I did have to go a bit slower to keep the temps down on it but that was not a problem.

I got this to replace a TC bullet mold. Those bullets just would not feed in my M&P Pro reliably. Work fine in the XD but not this. Bullets fed fantastic. I will not hesitate to get another mold from NOE.

Yodogsandman
05-06-2015, 05:24 PM
It's refreshing to get what you expect from a mold. Thanks NOE!

osteodoc08
05-07-2015, 01:53 PM
You definitely get more than you pay for, which is extremely rare theses days. NOE molds have now outpaced any other brand on my shelf. I don't have a huge collection but am not mold poor to say the least.

pjames32
05-07-2015, 02:19 PM
My experience with NOE has been great. I had a learning curve when I started and contacted Al for some guidance. The problem was ME, not the molds and I'm slowly getting better.
I've since bought 2 more NOE molds and have a couple on my wish list.
Excellent quality and good support.
PJ

dragon813gt
05-07-2015, 03:22 PM
After selling off all my Aluminim molds Al has given my faith back. I've had zero issues w/ any of the custom makers. NOE's are of the highest quality and their selection is great. There isn't one thing not to like about them. Scratch that, there is one thing not to like. They drain my bank account quickly. But I'm sure Al loves that part :laugh:

fredj338
05-08-2015, 02:11 PM
NOE makes a great mold *& you can get many designs in a HP. Then so does Accurate & Tom will build it exactly as you like for no add'l cost. You cam'tgo wrong with either manuf.
Do yourself a favor & stop smoking the mold, it is likely to cause as many problems as it solves. I just clean my alum molds, lube the pins & spru plate & start casting. No mold release, smoke or anything else.

TXGunNut
05-09-2015, 01:24 PM
Yep, Al & co make awesome moulds. Only have one of Tom's but his are top shelf as well. As has been said before we live in best of times for high-quality moulds. The technology available coupled with commitment to quality give us the finest boolit moulds ever available.