PDA

View Full Version : Another satisfied NOE customer!

Maven
05-06-2015, 02:30 PM
I ordered a C.E. Harris designed 160r. SPGC mold @ .316" last week from NOE. Got a telephone call from Al Nelson himself Monday evening to apprise me of a slight problem (since resolved). The mold was in my mailbox about 20 mins. ago (Weds., 5/6/15). That is what I call service well above and beyond the call of duty! Btw, the mold is perfect, but I won't be able to cast with it until tomorrow (bummer!).

Thanks so much, Al![smilie=l:

Yodogsandman
05-06-2015, 02:41 PM
Wow! That's great service! Glad everything was fixed fast.

Maven
05-06-2015, 03:48 PM
Yodog...., I was astonished to get a call from Al (never got one from anyone else when I've ordered a custom mold or bullet sizing die), but he solved the problem quickly. Btw, the mold is heat cycling (2nd cycle) as I write.

Alexn20
05-06-2015, 04:22 PM
I have had a very similar experience. This is not a fluke.

just_shooter
05-06-2015, 04:23 PM
I had a problem with my very first order from NOE. Problem was solved in no time. Even without notice the new mold was in my mailbox. Can't say anything else then will buy from Al again with confidence.

Yodogsandman
05-06-2015, 05:21 PM
I had Al call me once, too! Wow, talk about surprised! I had a problem with a new NOE mold and he made it right and sent me another.

I didn't need to heat cycle my new NOE 314-160 Ed Harris designed mold. I just wiped it down with alcohol and lightly lubed it up with STP. Heated it on the hot plate and started casting boolits with the PID set at 725*F. 4 casts later and it dropped perfect boolits. My fault, it didn't cast perfect boolits on the first cast...I over heated the mold just a little on the hot plate and it took 4 casts to cool down. Boolits dropped at .315" and weighed .158.5+/- with an alloy of COWW's +2% Sn, just as expected.

I forgot to order a .315" custom sizer for this new boolit and have to wait now.