PDA

View Full Version : Any feedback on Del-Ton?

Phineas Bluster
05-05-2015, 09:31 PM
Deleted

trails4u
05-05-2015, 11:08 PM
I own one....bought a few years ago as a complete rifle. I've been VERY pleased with it! The fit and finish is excellent, function is flawless and the customer service top notch. I would not hesitate to put several more in my stable.

Bzcraig
05-05-2015, 11:20 PM
Bought one of their complete rifle kits and put it together on a Spikes lower. I'm completely satisfied.

Gliden07
05-05-2015, 11:33 PM
Bought a Delton "Disapator" Kit from Midway added a set of Trigger springs and some polishing on the trigger assembly, a small set screw in the grip handle to take up trigger creep, total cost $625. Out shoots a friend of mines M&P 1200 plus dollar gun with all the "Tacticool" **** on it! And the trigger is like butter!!

dragon813gt
05-06-2015, 07:32 AM
One of mine is built on their lower and everything fit perfectly. Have used some of their parts and they fit perfectly as well. You can pick up a complete rifle from them for around $500. Hard to beat at that price.

GREENCOUNTYPETE
05-06-2015, 09:39 AM
Bought a Delton "Disapator" Kit from Midway added a set of Trigger springs and some polishing on the trigger assembly, a small set screw in the grip handle to take up trigger creep, total cost $625. Out shoots a friend of mines M&P 1200 plus dollar gun with all the "Tacticool" **** on it! And the trigger is like butter!!

thank you that is the exact kit I have been looking at

Major Danger
05-06-2015, 02:38 PM
I bought a stripped barrel from them a few years ago. I think I heard from them that they are manufactured by mossberg. It has been fine for me.

Lever-man
05-07-2015, 12:29 AM
I bought a lower parts kit to finish a Spikes stripped lower everything fit perfectly. Zero problems.

Bzcraig
05-07-2015, 01:23 AM
Forgot to mention that I liked Delton enough I looked at them first when looking for a 300BO upper unfortunately they don't have anything in that caliber.

W.R.Buchanan
05-09-2015, 03:06 PM
I have a stripped Lower I bought a few years ago and never finished. I am going to put together an A2 target rifle using Del Ton parts.

One thing not mentioned is that you can assemble your own rifle kit on their website;

IE: I want all Magpul furniture, and 20" 1:7 twist Chrome Lined Barrel and a Flat Top with a removable carry handle with rear sight and standard A2 Front Sight.

I can order this exact list of parts ready built on their upper along with he lower parts kit for little more than a Standard A2 upper kit would cost. I will then have everything I need in one pile and don't have to hunt around for anything else which gets expensive.

I expect to have a competitive AR Target Rifle for around $700 when done.

Del Ton good and anyone who wants to build an AR from scratch or just assemble a kit AR should look very closely at them.

Definitely the Best Bang for your AR buck out there. my bro in law has several of their guns and has been completely satisfied with all of them.

Randy

MtGun44
05-10-2015, 12:10 PM
Lots of parts from them, including barrels. All have been just fine.

Harter66
05-18-2015, 03:48 PM
Ive been looking for an AR for some time. The FFL I'm using close to home gave me a price on Del Ton that is low enough that I will buy 2. 1 to use out of the box and 1 loose in the box with "better" parts.

garym1a2
05-21-2015, 10:50 AM
If you have never built an AR before DON'T. Pretty soon you will have 8 or 10 of them and be looking for more parts as they are as much fun to build as shoot.

Houndog
05-28-2015, 09:43 PM
I contacted Del-Ton concerning the availability of their 16 inch mid-length light weight barrel kits. I was informed that they have not had any of that particular kit in stock since December of last year and they did not know when that configuration would again be available.

I found that Midsouth had some of the 16 inch mid-length heavy barrel kits in stock. The difference in weight is about eleven ounces more than the light weight barrel. Santa is coming to town on Saturday.

I really don't want the M4 stock, but I had no choice purchasing from Midsouth. I'll probably trade it off for an A2 stock before I put the lower together.

Next stop will be my local dealer. He has Anderson lowers in stock, as well as A2 carry handles.

PB

I almost have that same rifle! 16" mid length heavy profile non chromed 1/9 twist barrel, an A2 upper reciever, A2 buttstock, M16 bolt, tricked out standard trigger group and A2 handguards, all from Delton. It's NEVER had the first hiccup! Just keep it clean and well oiled (run it WET) It shoots better than I do.

popper
06-11-2015, 03:14 PM
Got a couple receivers, bolts, handguards. No problems. Don't know if they really make anything or not. Got rid of the A2 & carbine stocks on my rifles, replaced with the Magpul rifle.