PDA

View Full Version : New Oven Commercial Counter top Convection Oven

bstone5
05-05-2015, 11:33 AM
Hello All

Trying to cook 500 powder coated bullets at one time led me to looking for a commercial countertop convection oven.

After looking thru the net I decided on a Avantco oven.

The oven was purchased thru Webstaurant Store.

Link to oven web site.

http://www.webstaurantstore.com/avantco-co-14-quarter-size-countertop-convection-oven-0-8-cu-ft-120v/177CO14%20%20%20%20%20120.html?utm_source=Google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=GoogleShopping&gclid=CO_y06TsqsUCFQiqaQodlV8AqA

The oven has three trays and by cooking on all three trays a total of 500 9mm and 38 Special coated bullets can be cooked at one time.

With the 45 and 40 caliber bullets only about 350 bullets can be cooked at one time.

The oven has a thermostat and the temperature regulation is very good, the temperature was checked with a thermometer for the first few cooks and the temperature was very well regulated.

I was using a Black and Decker oven from Target but could only cook one tray at a time.

Picture of oven below.

Beagle333
05-05-2015, 01:58 PM
Now that is a nice oven!!! :D

mongoose33
05-05-2015, 03:08 PM
Where can I find a used one? :)

I've been able to do a max of 117 boolits at a time in my oven (an Oster). That's 9x13 rows. I could theoretically do two pans at a time if I can find some that fit the slots in the side. Workin' on it.

Dragonheart
05-09-2015, 04:20 PM
That's one good looking oven and should give you years of service.

I have been using an old Hamilton Beach Countertop Convection oven model 31197S that will take 4 racks. I use three racks and get approximately 1200 9mm or 900 45acp in in a single cook. The lower tray holds my Taylor Thermometer, which I can monitor through the glass door. The oven heats up to 400 in 15 minutes, holds the temp well and the thermostat is very close, but I always verify with my internal thermometer. The oven came with two racks and a tray, I had to make the third rack by cutting down a larger rack. I covered all the racks with thin galvanized sheet steel so my silicon mats lay completely flat.