PDA

View Full Version : Lead wire extruding dies

goblism
05-04-2015, 11:37 PM
I am wondering if anyone is selling lead wire extruding dies. I know alfloyd had been selling them but he is no longer into that business.

I am using my walnut hill and would like something that can handle a 300-400 grain slugs and has adjustable output, for multiple sizes of wire to be extruded.

chuckbuster
05-05-2015, 06:53 AM
We have made some that work pretty good in Rockchucker presses. Can probably work something up, need some details on the Walnut Hill press, have never worked with one.
Kevin

Hickory
05-05-2015, 06:56 AM
A set of dies for a 30 ton hydraulic press would be nice.

just bill
05-05-2015, 07:51 AM
I am wondering if anyone is selling lead wire extruding dies. I know alfloyd had been selling them but he is no longer into that business.

I am using my walnut hill and would like something that can handle a 300-400 grain slugs and has adjustable output, for multiple sizes of wire to be extruded.

I talked to him recently, never said anything about getting out our the business, just over whelmed.
Bill

clodhopper
05-05-2015, 09:48 AM
We have made some that work pretty good in Rockchucker presses. Can probably work something up, need some details on the Walnut Hill press, have never worked with one.
Kevin
Walnut hill has a ram threaded 7/8X14 the die can be either 7/8 x14 or 1 1/2X12

goblism
05-05-2015, 07:48 PM
That sums it up, send me a pm with prices

chuckbuster
05-06-2015, 05:54 AM
Hate to change in mid-stream on you but I talked with my partner last night that does the engineering and machine work, he has a couple other projects that have him pretty buried right now. Will have to pass on these at least for now. Delivery time would be beyond what we like to keep things at.
Kevin

reed1911
05-06-2015, 10:27 AM
What size wire are you looking to make? You would need the ram to match each size wire, but a single die with multi. inserts for various sizes can and is made, but on a press you'll be limited to smaller sizes due to the amount of leverage you have.

The hydraulic press harbor freight sells works great for the larger sizes.

newcastter
05-06-2015, 11:37 AM
I talked to him recently, never said anything about getting out our the business, just over whelmed.
Bill
Really? His latest response to me is that he is no longer making dies.

just bill
05-06-2015, 11:59 AM
Really? His latest response to me is that he is no longer making dies.

Many is the reason people make decisions like that. I'm glad I got to know him and got some of his Dies. I hope his reason was to enjoy retirement.

Bill

Utah Shooter
05-06-2015, 09:49 PM
Many is the reason people make decisions like that. I'm glad I got to know him and got some of his Dies. I hope his reason was to enjoy retirement.

Bill
Oh I am sure he is now that the range is not so cold!