PDA

View Full Version : Which GCs for 270 bullet?

fatelvis
03-15-2008, 05:22 PM
I'm looking to cast bullets for my 270 Weath mag, but Hornady doesnt seem to make them. Are you supposed to use 6.5s or 7mms? Thanks-

BCB
03-15-2008, 06:27 PM
I use Hornady 270 caliber gas checks for my 270 Winchester (287346 bullet). So yep, you need 270 caliber checks not 7mm or 6.5's. The 270 is not really all that common with cast bullet shooters I don't think. I got mine from Midsouth Shooters Supply a couple of years ago. Good-luck...BCB

ktw
03-15-2008, 06:41 PM
Even though discontinued they aren't terribly hard to find on the back of the shelf in stores that handle reloading/casting equipment. I don't think they were ever big sellers.

It is my understanding that you can get them made to order by Gator, the place they do gas check group buys from here on this site. You can wait for them to come around as a group buy or order some yourself directly from Gator. The address is in this thread (http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?t=20238).

If none of that pans out, I have a small stash of them and would be willing to swap you some to try in exchange for gas checks of a different caliber. Not looking to dispose of them, but willing to help you out if necessary.

-ktw