PDA

View Full Version : Iraq

leeggen
05-02-2015, 09:20 PM
I was watching the AHC channel last night and they had WW1 imfo on and one of the parets was where Russia had to give up land as part of their agreement. The English took a peice and guess what they named it? Yip, they called it "IRAQ". I never had heard that before.
Also at one point one of the Generals was supposed to have commented on how well the black troops had fought with pride and were good at fighting the war. The war peice had been put together in 2014 so when the narrator comented as to the Generals comment he called the troops African-Americans. I'm sorry but in WW1 they were reffered to as Black fighters, some just have to change history as to what they want it be. Why would you change a quote from a WW! general.
I guess I like to see and hear and read history as it really was.
Not trying to intemidate, just hate to see history changed.
CD

leftiye
05-03-2015, 06:10 AM
Truth is after all mo bettah than lying.

GabbyM
05-03-2015, 02:14 PM
Progressives love to control history.
I'm not that old. Just short of sixty. When I read the "history " of the 1970's it's almost unrecognizable to how I lived it. In some cases I was directly or indirectly involved.

Nothing new about any of this. For as long as man has written stories or told tales around a camp fire. History has been written by the victors. This is also why U.S. Presidents build there libraries. They want to tell there own story. To be clear. The Bush presidents would not want the Clintons or Obamas writing there version of the Bush history. Eisenhower forced German citizens to walk through concentration camps and help bury the dead. Because he knew they'd deny our version of that bit of history.

For the record. If I were black I'd not prefer to be called African America. Any more than as a white man of German decent I wish to be called a German American. Since we are all Americans. However there are worse things to be called.

starnbar
05-03-2015, 02:50 PM
I am only 2nd generation here but I am an American I was born here and I will defend it against all enemies both foreign and domestic.