PDA

View Full Version : Pacific Press

terryt
04-30-2015, 09:00 PM
Hi:

A friend of mine has a Pacific Press Red in color an "O FRAME".Any ideal on what model this is? It is used in excellent shape.
My friend receivedit in a trade and does not use it. It came with a powder measure and a scale.It is complete as the priming cups and arms are there.

How is the quality and any ideal on parts availability, primer cups and shellholders. Are there other brands of shell holder's that will fit?

Thoughts on what it is worth?

Thanks,

Terryt

pworley1
04-30-2015, 09:04 PM
If it has compound linkage it is most likely an 07 press.

Huskerguy
04-30-2015, 10:27 PM
I have an old Pacific, not sure of the model, it is not the current model I know. Love it. solid and works great. Those old presses are hard to destroy.

waarp8nt
04-30-2015, 10:41 PM
Hi:

A friend of mine has a Pacific Press Red in color an "O FRAME".Any ideal on what model this is? It is used in excellent shape.
My friend receivedit in a trade and does not use it. It came with a powder measure and a scale.It is complete as the priming cups and arms are there.

How is the quality and any ideal on parts availability, primer cups and shellholders. Are there other brands of shell holder's that will fit?

Thoughts on what it is worth?

Thanks,

Terryt

Sounds horrible...I would sell it to me cheap just to get rid of it....lol!

Pacific made good products, they are now either owned by or a part of Hornady. I recently e-mailed Hornady customer support for some older parts for a Pacific press. If the press is out of production, parts availability is limited. The parts were no longer available for my press.

Wayne Smith
05-01-2015, 12:19 PM
Without pics or more information it is impossible to price. Early Pacific presses, I think, had shell holders machined into the top of the ram, you switched out rams to change caliber shell holders. Many if not most will have the universal spring loaded ram head, using standard shell holders. All are solid presses, well made.

mdi
05-01-2015, 12:35 PM
Old Pacific presses are wonderful. I have one and after I switched out the ram for a "universal" type that took shell holders, I used it a lot. One thing that will "wear out" on older presses is the ram-to-frame fit. After 2 zillion rounds through it, my C-H iron frame press is pretty sloppy (raise the ram and see if it has much "wiggle". I still use it on occasion but have to guide each case up into the die by hand...).

gwpercle
05-01-2015, 06:45 PM
I still use a Pacific Super Deluxe C , it's blue , heavy cast iron and has compound linkage , a chrome plated handle w/ white plastic/rubber grip and can be set to size on the up or down stroke, uses snap in shell holders. It's a keeper and I LIKE it! No job is too much for it.
CH4D carries replacement parts, rams and adapters to convert the older ones to use snap in holders.
How much is it worth...don't know, photo's would help. I just bought a Lyman All-American Turret Press for $48.00 ...so I would pay $50.00 for one in good shape!
My Super Deluxe was a gift from a friend decades ago, it was left in a house he bought and he had "no use" for it. Maybe your friend will do same.

Gary

skeettx
05-01-2015, 07:43 PM
http://pacificreloaders.awardspace.com/

Neat site

Mike

Ole Joe Clarke
05-02-2015, 09:48 AM
Does this look like it. Copied from my 1976 Pacific reloading catalog.

Joe

http://i928.photobucket.com/albums/ad123/olejoeclark/Misc/Reloading/Re239_zps4ac12f3h.jpg (http://s928.photobucket.com/user/olejoeclark/media/Misc/Reloading/Re239_zps4ac12f3h.jpg.html)

Huskerguy
05-02-2015, 12:13 PM
Ole Joe, that is what I have, the Multi-Power C and love it. Mine did not have the primer attachment when I purchased it a sale over 30 years ago. I have been very happy with this piece of equipment. Thanks for sharing. And just an FYI, in one of my many moves I misplaced the primer catcher. I knew it had to be around because I just don't throw anything away and it is clearly marked Pacific in silver. Anyway, I rigged up can to catch primers in when I broke all of my reloading gear out of storage after nearly 30 years of not reloading. I called Hornady and they don't make that part any more. Just last week I was cleaning our a space in a cabinet and there it was, the primer catcher. Reunited.