PDA

View Full Version : Holster for Ruger Single Seven

timspawn
04-30-2015, 01:14 PM
Does anybody know if a holster for a Single Six will also fit the Single Seven? I am talking about a nice leather form fitted holster not a nylon one.

Mk42gunner
04-30-2015, 02:04 PM
I have to answer that a definite maybe.

Not having a Single Seven on hand, the only thing I can think of that would possibly be different is the cylinder length???

I use the same Bianchi 1L for my Single-Six and SSM, both with 6½" barrels.

Robert

rintinglen
04-30-2015, 02:06 PM
138355138356The only difference is the length of the cylinder. Unless the holster is REALLY form fitting, you should be good to go. I know that a Threeperson's style made for the one will fit the other. The worst case scenario would merely require wetting the holster and remolding. I made the two holsters shown.

timspawn
04-30-2015, 02:26 PM
Thank you!

contender1
04-30-2015, 09:32 PM
I suggest you look at Mike Barranti's leather work. He does custom leather, and I've not seen any finer work. I have 5 of his rigs. He has already made some holsters for the Single-Seven.
Do a search for barranti leather.

timspawn
04-30-2015, 09:58 PM
I suggest you look at Mike Barranti's leather work. He does custom leather, and I've not seen any finer work. I have 5 of his rigs. He has already made some holsters for the Single-Seven.
Do a search for barranti leather.

That is a lot to look at. Thanks.

Fergie
04-30-2015, 11:05 PM
I was looking at the Simply Rugged holsters from my solo siete. Haven't made it to their shop just yet, but they are still the one I want. Given the size of the pistol, I'm looking at a cross-draw version.

contender1
05-01-2015, 08:50 AM
Simply Rugged is a GREAT working mans holster. Barranti is top notch, and used by MANY as working holsters, yet they retain their great looks at the same time. Both good, but given the nod, I'd go with Doc Barranti hands down. I've been using my NW Hunter rig a little while & it's the most comfortable way to carry a large revolver. I have a cross draw that is a permanent item for my belt. I actually rigged a stiff, competition outer belt with one of my Barranti cross draws to allow me to easily put on a few short barreled Rugers I carry a lot. I put on my inner velcro belt, then I slap on my outer with the holster & drop a gun in it & go.
Great quality, heavy enough leather to offer excellent support, yet balanced to where you do not know you are carrying a gun.

MudCamper
10-04-2016, 12:57 PM
I realize this is an old thread, but I am still looking for a holster for my Single-Seven. I also have a Single-Six Convertible (.22) and a Super Blackhawk (.44) and neither of the holsters for those guns fit my Single-Seven. The Single-Six holster is too small, and the Super Blackhawk holster is too big. No Baby Bear holster yet!

So does anyone who actually owns this gun have a holster that fits, and fits well?

Thanks.

Ramjet-SS
10-04-2016, 03:52 PM
Simply Rugged

MudCamper
10-04-2016, 07:01 PM
Simply Rugged

The list of guns does not include the Single-Seven.

http://www.simplyrugged.com/gun-model-chart.cfm

Are you suggesting that I request that he make one?

Or do you have one for the Single-Seven?

Driver33
10-04-2016, 09:36 PM
I had my friend junior make my single seven holster. I think he has a website. Nelson holsters. If you can't find it let me know an I can get you in contact with him

DuaneH
10-05-2016, 02:19 AM
I have a Bianchi #1L made for the single-six and use it for the single seven as well. Near as I can tell, both guns fit the same.

contender1
10-05-2016, 09:52 AM
I have a Single-Seven,, with a 7-1/2" bbl, and I can attest to the FACT that Doc Barranti can make you what you need.