PDA

View Full Version : Angel of a Member

xbeeman412
04-27-2015, 10:31 AM
I want to take the time to let others know the type of Members We have on this forum.

On the way back from the farm in Daingerfield Tx Saturday night the truck (F550) blew the transmission 200 miles from Santa Fe Tx . When I called a member who lived about 50 miles from where I broke down (10 PM) and told Him what had happened He told Me that He would be there to load the truck on My trailer in the morning.

We got the truck loaded on the trailer and 200 miles later were in Santa Fe about 2:30 PM. Needless to say this Member didn't want anything in return. I had to force more than enough fuel money in His pocket.

Thank the Lord for Angles like Him. Prayers are indeed answered when in need!!

Whenever the chance to help others comes along please take the time to help others as We never know when We may need the help.

jcwit
04-27-2015, 11:28 AM
Acts of kindness are always returned many fold.

DLCTEX
04-27-2015, 11:56 AM
Some of the finest people in the world frequent these pages.

Echo
04-27-2015, 12:05 PM
I feel fortunate, and honored, to be a member here.

Land Owner
04-27-2015, 12:28 PM
This reinforces the Faith that there are more Good People in this World than Bad. Many make this Earth a Paradise. There is a karmic future in everyone's path. Tread lightly...

woody1
04-27-2015, 01:06 PM
What goes around comes around. Good on him, whoever he is. ...........Or is it whomever? Regards, Woody

pworley1
04-27-2015, 05:11 PM
I am not the least bit surprised.

Thumbcocker
04-27-2015, 08:59 PM
Good people here.

Bullwolf
04-27-2015, 11:10 PM
Reading this made me think of a couple other occasions similar to the one described by the original poster.

First:

A much younger me was riding down the coast highway on my 1977 Harley Davidson. Somewhere long before Santa Cruz, the shifter lever had fallen of my motorcycle from road vibration - going unnoticed by me until my first attempt to downshift. I was stopped by the side of the road with a pair of vice grips from my toolbag mocking up a shifter for the drive home. My (unknown to me at the time) neighbor stopped by to see if I needed a hand, but I had everything under control. We became fast friends in the years to follow.

And

I was driving my truck home one night down a deserted section of the highway far from any gas station. Stopped by the side of the road was a biker who had ran his Honda Gold Wing out of gas. He was trying to figure out what to do about it. I always keep a Jeep can and a chainsaw in the back of the truck just in case. I tend to have a siphon hose, jumper cables, and a wide assortment of tools behind the seat from working on the farm as well. I made his evening by filling his motorcycle up enough so that he could get back to town. I also had to keep refusing the cash he tried to put into my pocket. Gasoline was quite a bit cheaper back then as well.

Finally

Driving my truck on the way home to the Ranch one day. Along the highway there is a 30 something year old man, and his younger daughter pushing an older Norton Motorcycle along the side of the road. I pulled over and asked him if he needed any help, or tools. Something electrical seemed to be up with the bike, and we ended up putting the motorcycle in the back of my truck. I drove him, and his daughter along with the motorcycle back into town in the back of my truck.

Many months later I bumped into the same gentleman with the stalled out Norton motorcycle again... At the local gun shop in town of all places!

He recognized me as his rescuer, (unfortunately I stand out in a crowd) and came over to me and shook my hand. He told me that he should have known I was a gun person as they are "good people" and only another like minded soul would have stopped by the side of the road to help someone in distress.

The whole thing made me smile.

- Bullwolf

MaryB
04-28-2015, 12:05 AM
BBQ forum I belong to has an award called a Smokey Angel for people who do things to help the community and to help others that goes above and beyond the norm. Maybe we could do something similar here? Maybe a Custom forum mat with an angel logo? It is done via donations on the BBQ forum to pay for the items given away. Only takes a couple hundred dollars a year to run and people get recognition they deserve!

BBQ forum award http://www.hawgeyesbbq.com/about_us/charitable_activities/ We would need to figure out what to give and a name for it... and a couple of people to admin it(I volunteer to help if anyone else wants to go in on it, I can't donate cash but I can donate free laser time to engrave something, just have to cover materials and shipping the award).

SSGOldfart
04-28-2015, 12:42 AM
Some of the finest people in the world frequent these pages.

Yes Sir,they do I wish I had found this site years before I did,glad you got back safe Charles and good luck with the tyranny enjoy your goodies hope the storms didn't hit you to bad,I think another day of cleanup will do it down here,no real major damage,just a lot down trees,now that the power is back on it won't take long to get back in order.

osteodoc08
04-28-2015, 07:17 PM
There are many fine members here. If I am ever of help to a fellow member, you bet I'm gonna help out. That's what family and community about. Too bad it has been lost on the world for the most part.

tward
04-28-2015, 10:41 PM
Amen to all the above, lots of good people on this forum! Tim:lovebooli

starbits
04-29-2015, 12:29 AM
Young fellow returned my daughters pocketbook the other day. All her ID cards still inside along with the $300 cash she had set aside for horse boarding. Refused to take a reward, told my wife to pay it forward. There are still good, honest people out there.

Starbits

captaint
04-29-2015, 10:14 AM
There ARE many great people, especially on this site. Shame it's not newsworthy when something selfless happens.