PDA

View Full Version : Finally got one... Manurhin MR73

mckenziedrums
04-26-2015, 08:55 PM
Wasn't but a few months ago when AIM put out that email that they had Manurhin revolvers in stock and cheap... Unfortunately I was leading a conference call for work and by the time I clicked they were all gone. I knew it was only a matter of time until they ended up on gunbroker at nearly twice what folks were paying.

Turns out a local guy picked up a 4" fixed sight model from AIM... and best of all he really didn't mark it up any by the time you figured in his FFL transfer. I almost overlooked his ad on our local website because he spelled Manurhin wrong but I caught it and immediately sent him a message saying I'd take it.

I only picked it up Friday and was gone all weekend so it hasn't been out to the range yet. Not terrible shape for being a police trade in. Obvious bluing wear from holster time and then the grips have seen a bit of use as well. Finding grips and other parts for these is darn near impossible. (One guy has some new grips on ebay for $275... ) Despite that, you can tell the quality on this weapon and I'm so happy I was finally able to snag one, and at a great price as well. Timing worked out because I put a new Miha 38 caliber mold on the shelf to use... going to have to break that one in on this firearm I believe :)

Sorry for the bad photos... Took these free hand with no flash so they aren't all that crisp. Had to have pictures to go with the thread though!

Anyone else shooting one of these and any favorite boolits for it?

Mauser48
04-26-2015, 08:58 PM
Nice gun! I just bought ruger gp100 today that I have been looking at for a while. That looks like a good shooting revolver!

mckenziedrums
04-26-2015, 09:04 PM
Depending on who you ask, they don't make them much better than this. :) It's a bit obscure but those that know them love them. Congrats on the new GP100 btw, you're going to love it!

Quick Wiki info for those that haven't heard of these: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manurhin_MR_73

zeleny
04-27-2015, 03:16 AM
http://larvatus.livejournal.com/tag/manurhin

Tatume
04-27-2015, 06:52 AM
Very nice indeed! Some day....

mckenziedrums
04-27-2015, 08:22 AM
Welcome to the site zeleny! Looks like you're the one that owns the blog and the ebay store. I'm the guy that submitted what you probably consider a low ball offer on those new grips. :) Great information on the revolver btw!

I've been neglecting 357/38 as a caliber for a while so I need to see which molds I've got on the shelf and figure out what this one likes to eat. I know there are new Mihas to try out but for the life of me I can't remember the weights on those. Typically I'm playing with 45 colt a lot more.

FergusonTO35
04-27-2015, 08:27 AM
Classic Gun Grips down in Florida will copy your grips in resin for a reasonable price. I've used them before and they work great.

mckenziedrums
04-27-2015, 08:44 AM
Classic Gun Grips down in Florida will copy your grips in resin for a reasonable price. I've used them before and they work great.

Thanks for the info! I'm not sure I want to go plastic though... I wouldn't mind the original rubber target grips or even the larger wood ones but I'm not a huge fan of plastic grips. I've got a feeling this is going to be an extended search. Made one last, what I consider very fair, offer on the ebay ones but otherwise I'll just have to keep my eyes open. Which is fine, I bought it to shoot not to look at anyways!