PDA

View Full Version : Increased LNL-AP production cheaply

04-25-2015, 03:42 AM
Have had a LNL-AP for a few years and while I love it production is actually about 50% of what I can load on my Pro1000 with case feeder and collator.

Cost of a case feeder or bullet feeder is out of the question for the LNL at present so Ive been looking for a cheap option. Hornady have recently introduced tubes for their bullet feed dies that look like a cheap option. Trouble is here in Aus we are still waiting to see the products they introduced in 2014 so the tubes are probably still 18 months away at best.
Picked up a bullet feed die the other day and dug through my steel pile to find some appropriately sized tubing to fabricate my own.
Gave them a test run this afternoon, with tubes filled production was doubled even with the time taken to fill the tubes I would say Im still 50% quicker.
If your looking for a cheap and simple way to increase production a bullet feed die and either hornadys bullet tubes or some home made tubes will be a fraction of the cost of a case or bullet feeder.

The bullet feed die also came with a powder through expander for the hornady thrower, running it in the 2nd station, rcbs lockout die in 3 and the feed die at 4.