PDA

View Full Version : lyman 450 problem

bigbird1
03-13-2008, 09:36 PM
http://img398.imageshack.us/img398/7404/001ca0.jpgI just tired using my 450 for the first on some 45 acp I cast, with 452 dies , problem is the bottom stop won' screw up like the manual says to stop the bullet, it comes about 1/2 inch from hitting the bottom to stop the bullet. sorry for the bad picture only a old 2.0 mp camera Ram is clear down at this point and no way the stop could ever work

MGySgt
03-13-2008, 10:12 PM
I take it the lock screw is on the bottom. Take the die out, the knockout pin out and then unscrew the adjustment all the way out. Take the lock nut off, screw it back in and put the lock screw on top, then put your knowckout pin back in and the die. You should have enough adjustment now.

Depending on the boolit I am using I have to move the lock from the top to the bottom or vice versa.

Drew

bigbird1
03-13-2008, 10:36 PM
picture added

Buckshot
03-14-2008, 12:31 AM
..............Heck, just take the locknut off and screw the threaded stop tube up higher.

.............Buckshot

bigbird1
03-14-2008, 01:11 PM
..............Heck, just take the locknut off and screw the threaded stop tube up higher.

.............Buckshot

I tried that , still won't go up all the way??

MGySgt
03-14-2008, 02:40 PM
Bigbird1 - looking at the picture - you have a lock nut on the bottom of the adjustment screw (hollow tube with threads on the out side). Move it to the top so it screws down to lock vice screw up to lock.

Do like I said in my first post - you have the width of the lock nut and the thickness of the part the lock screw goes through for adjustments.

If the threaded part won't go up through the the bottom it probably has a burr on it. Fix that, but running the lock screw off from bottom should fix any burrs.

Drew

beagle
03-14-2008, 03:01 PM
As well as In recall, hardware stores sell the brass threaded lamp rods that are the same thread size. If you can't get it to work, try a piece of that as they come in all sizes./beagle

bigbird1
03-14-2008, 03:39 PM
I see , yea it sticks at just about the bottom and same way with the top down, I thought it was made not to exit the metal block I will try that thanks guys