PDA

View Full Version : 3-gun slug fun

bikerbeans
04-24-2015, 07:07 AM
My wife and son are 3-gun nuts so I am their ammo supplier. Only time I shoot their 3-gun pistols, rifles and shotguns is when I am doing load workup. Yesterday I was testing lee .69 cal RB slug loads in a 10 round detachable magazine auto shotgun. This scatter gun (RKA-1919) looks a bit like an M4. This gun put a big grin on my face when I fired ten slugs down range as fast as I could the trigger. I think a couple of the RBs may still be bouncing round my gun club.:wink:

BB

Hogtamer
04-24-2015, 07:44 AM
PICS, details and review of gun PLEASE BB!

cpileri
04-24-2015, 08:24 AM
I second the motion!

bikerbeans
04-24-2015, 04:56 PM
I think there is a pic attached. Mine is black, but with a shorter barrel. I was just shooting to test functioning, not accuracy. Shotgun slug targets in the local 3-gun are inside 25 yards so just about any load is accurate enough. Scores are heavily biased on time so zero jams is my goal. Achieving no jams with a stock MKA 1919 is a bit tougher than finding the Holy Grail.

The load is a Lee .69RB on top of two .125" 20ga nitro cards in a blue duster wad (gotta use them for something) in an old style AA hull with a FED 209A. Powder is Unique and velocity around 1,250 fps. IF you want to know the charge weight send me a PM. BPI roll crimp.

BB