PDA

View Full Version : just because I wanted one for years

olafhardt
04-24-2015, 01:13 AM
I am sure other gunaholics have bought a gun just because they wanted it. Since I first saw a picture of one I have wanted an 80 series Beretta pistol. Don't know why just wanted one. I particularly wanted a 32 ACP but they were so expensive! And 32 is to expensive to plink with and not great for reloading. A 22 would be a good little p linker and a 380 would be better for defense. But I wanted a 32. Then Beretta quit importing them. In the mean time along came the ammo crunch. I changed my way of thinking. Since I don't shoot a whole lot or real often, what's important is not how much ammo costs but whether I can get it. Then up pops this little Beretta 81 on the Internet at a very reasonable price and I bought it. I bought it just because I wanted one and had for yead ars. Wally World carries the ammo. It's a great little gun. It is a little to big and heavy to carry, too little for defence, and can't be relied on to discourage dangerous critters but it sure is fun. Maybe the best reason to get something is just because you want it.