PDA

View Full Version : Prayer Request- Eye Trouble

Ken in Iowa
04-23-2015, 04:53 PM
I went shooting today and was having trouble focusing with my right eye. Switched to the portside and all was well.

I am praying that this is a minor issue as I am getting that age where cataracts and other unpleasant things occur.

Thanks!
Ken

shooter93
04-23-2015, 05:55 PM
Best of luck Ken. They can do amazing things now a days so find a very good eye doctor. I had a capillary burst in my right eye which a few short years ago meant a definite vision loss. I got a number of injections in the eye and 2 laser treatments and it has been healed so keep the faith.....getting old isn't for sissies.....smiles.

AK4570
04-25-2015, 02:57 PM
Prayers lifted, my friend.

w5pv
04-26-2015, 12:21 PM
Prayers sent Ken.

USMC87
04-27-2015, 08:59 AM
I will be praying about your eye condition, Don't let it get to you keep your head up GOD is able to do all things.

Ken in Iowa
04-27-2015, 11:08 AM
Thanks all!

jcren
04-27-2015, 12:09 PM
Prayers for a swift and full recovery.

jmort
04-27-2015, 12:13 PM
Praying for you Brother. Might just be eye strain. Regardless, praying.

shooterg
04-27-2015, 12:32 PM
Make sure to get your sugar level checked. I had similar deal, found out I was diabetic at the eye doctor's ! Like you my left eye is fine, the right will never be again, but shooting pistols left-eyed is doable, learning to shoot rifle from the other shoulder does suck though. BUT- I can still see the grandboy's smiling face so I'm happy ! Good luck, hopefully it's nothing worse than cataract
and they do really well fixing those these days.

mold maker
04-27-2015, 12:41 PM
At 70 my vision was getting really bad. Gigantic starburst around lights at night, everything was a shade of grey. Reading with dollar store glasses no longer worked.
Left the Drs office with a funny looking perforated plastic shield after surgery. Even though the plastic my vision was fantastic. Both eyes done and can see better than I ever have. I still use cheaters for close up. but extremely fine detail is a breeze both close and far.
Cataract surgery is a 15 min deal that transforms you life. If thats your problem, run to have it done. It's better than magic.

country gent
04-27-2015, 12:53 PM
One of the first issues with my MS was eye sight. vision in right eye was gone. It did come back but not quite as strong. Get to the Doctor and get checked out not just the eye Doctor but also to family Doctor explain all the symtoms issues ( any numbness, tingles, tiredness, shakes or spasams) be honest and dont hold anything back. Alot of things can cause this to happen and most are controllable thru diet or medication, the sooner the better. Ill have you in my thoughts and prayers. Get it checked out and find out for sure whats the cause.

C.F.Plinker
04-27-2015, 04:50 PM
Go see your eye doctor (ophthalmologist) now. Some eye problems just get worse if you let them slide. It's better to find out what the problem is or isn't early in the game.

Ken in Iowa
04-27-2015, 09:32 PM
I have an appointment with an optometrist on Saturday. Thanks again for the prayers and advice.

Ken in Iowa
05-02-2015, 08:47 PM
The exam today went well. I simply need a prescription update for my glasses.

God is good indeed!

BNE
05-02-2015, 09:34 PM
Glad to hear. God is Good. Always.

TXGunNut
05-03-2015, 01:03 AM
Prayers sent, happen to know there are good eye docs nearby. See one.

Wayne Smith
05-03-2015, 07:59 AM
Optometrists basically scan your eye, look for obvious signs of issues, and measure your vision. Opthamologists are MD's, which Optometrists are not. They do a complete check of your eye. My Optometrist never caught my low pressure glaucoma, my Opthamologist did the first time I saw him, on the shape of the nerve leaving the back of the eye.