PDA

View Full Version : The BPTR fellowship has suffered a great Loss.

Kenny Wasserburger
04-23-2015, 03:14 PM
News is, that BPTR inventor, innovator, bullet designer, and serious BPTR long range competitor, Dan Theodore was killed in a house fire in his home early this morning. We as a group are greatly deminished as a whole. It comes too many of us as a terrible shock. You will be terribly missed my friend.

save a place for me on the mound, visit with Hyde, Bruce, Bodine, Hepburn, all the greats. You will be in good company my friend. I hope to see you soon. You will be missed.

Kenny Wasserburger

kokomokid
04-23-2015, 03:34 PM
I think you said it well Kenny

Gunlaker
04-23-2015, 04:20 PM
I just read that on the Shiloh site. That is absolutely terrible news. I never got the chance to meet him in person but we talked on the phone a number of times about different aspects of shooting these rifles. He was an extraordinary person and I feel lucky to have known him.

Chris.

jmort
04-23-2015, 04:42 PM
(KGO) - Firefighters in Mountain View have just put out a fatal fire that was first reported at about 3 a.m.
The fire badly damaged a single-story ranch home on Lola Lane, and left the home's sole resident dead. Neighbors identified the victim as 60-year-old Dan Theodore, and they say he lived alone in the home.
Neighbor Gary Macleod said that he tried shouting through the doors of the burning house to save the man, but it did not work.
"Just in my Levi's and just banging on the door, and we were just trying to save Dan... Just yelling his name, 'Dan, Dan, Dan.' What else can you do?"
Firefighters dealt with live ammunition exploding in the garage as the fire burned through the roof of the home. Soon after, a power line came down in the front lawn of the home.
Firefighters are currently trying to determine the cause of the fire.

http://www.kgoradio.com/common/page.php?pt=One+Dead+in+Mountain+View+House+Fire&id=122131&is_corp=0

Don McDowell
04-23-2015, 05:15 PM
He was an interesting character to be sure, and a great conversationalist. Met him at the 2013 BPTR nationals and enjoyed the bantering and visting with him during the week.
RIP little D.

Chill Wills
04-23-2015, 06:23 PM
:cry:
Kenny, Too sad and shocked for words!
****!....................................Man, when I opened your post, that was not expected!

Kenny Wasserburger
04-23-2015, 06:37 PM
Mike, It is a terrible loss to our community, with out any doubt, I have not felt this kind of grief since the loss of my brother Dennis in 2001. Dan and Bro. Steve Garbe were several the first to offer their condolences when we lost him. He so very often would email me too have me research my vast library, on Creedmoor related stuff and much was talked over the Hyde Base, and all the data I had found on it.

Kenny Wasserburger

Bent Ramrod
04-23-2015, 07:01 PM
That is terrible news indeed. Dan Theodore was a tireless experimenter in all phases of black powder cartridge shooting and tried harder than anyone to put BPCR shooting on a scientific basis. He will be sadly missed.

longranger
04-24-2015, 04:28 AM
I too am shocked and saddened at this news. The man was a colossal asset to BPCR. I have one Dan Theodore designed bullet mold cut by Paul Jones for my Shiloh 40-70 SS. I met him at Sacramento/Folsom Shooting Club when I was an employee there.He introduced himself to me and said he would design a bullet for my specific rifle just give him a chamber cast,he did this for No Charge,his payment was having competitors using his designs and being successful. Sad.

w5pv
04-24-2015, 05:41 AM
Prayers sent for Ted.

BrentD
04-24-2015, 09:27 AM
That is very sad news. The man certainly knew his bullets.

cajun shooter
04-24-2015, 10:32 AM
Such a Sad, Sad thing to have happen.

Tom Myers
04-24-2015, 03:35 PM
I don't have a way with words that some do so I will offer these in memorial or Mr. Dan Theodore.

Click on each image for a larger view
137773 137772

137775 137774

137777 137776

3 more in next post;

Tom Myers
04-24-2015, 03:42 PM
More in memorial of Dan Theodore;

137782 137783

137784 137785

137786 137787

There are many more of Mr. Theodore's bullet designs but these are all that I have on record.

John Boy
04-27-2015, 10:05 AM
Dan Theodore's death was a tragic loss to the BPCR Community. Though, he will remain an Immortal and long remembered for his knowledge, accomplishments and willing to share with the BPCR Community
Rest in Peace with the Lord, Dan - Amen

doc1876
04-28-2015, 02:26 PM
I saw your post on FB, and I still don't know what to say. I enjoyed his writings, and like Elmer, I would have liked to have met him, but was glad he was here to answer my questions. He will be missed :(

Kenny Wasserburger
05-01-2015, 07:51 PM
John Boy,

a very kind thing you said, it is true he lives on, those of his closest friends, celebrate him every time we shoot, at Raton and Phoenix. I had recently deleted a bunch of emails we had. I really regret doing so now.
Kenny W.

martinibelgian
05-05-2015, 09:24 AM
The man was an inspiration to us all - just by applying his principles to y new BP rifle and ammo, I'm getting close to MOA without any load development to speak of - this with a smaller calibre. I don't think I would have been able to do so by myself. No jealously guarded secrets, he freely shared everything he learned. And yes, I did learn - a lot.