PDA

View Full Version : Anybody got the Umarex Schnellfeuer Mauser?

fourarmed
04-22-2015, 05:33 PM
I have a crazy urge to get one of these things, but I'm afraid the eco-police will come and throw me into durance vile for releasing that much CO2. Please help!

Smoke4320
04-23-2015, 12:06 PM
Tell them you are shooting Green Gas (like Airsoft guns) they will leave thanking you for saving the environment .. :) :)

green gas is in fact a mixture of propane, silicon oil, and odor modificants.

Gunor
04-23-2015, 02:02 PM
odor modificants - what does it smell like - rose petals?

Smoke4320
04-24-2015, 12:50 PM
Its like the odor added to propane gas for your house .. Lets you know you have a leak ..

Tom_et
04-25-2015, 02:51 AM
Rotten eggs

Multigunner
04-25-2015, 11:41 AM
Don't own the Mauser but I do own the Umarex PPKS.
The only problem I've had with the PPKS after tens of thousands of rounds is that the pot metal valve assembly began bulging from impact of the slide during the blowback cycle.
When the slide began binding I filed down and sanded the bulge a bit and it worked fine for quite awhile, then began doing it again. I've sanded down the bulged area about four times. I haven't shot the PPKS much lately but it still works just fine.

The Mauser uses a slender bolt rather than a slide so it may not develop this problem.

Good looking pistol.

fourarmed
05-04-2015, 04:52 PM
Well, I did it. The thing is terminally cool in appearance, and uses up a CO2 cylinder in about three magazines of BBs. On full auto, it really sounds and looks the part. Only thing negative to report on this one is that it shoots quite a bit high at any reasonable range. I haven't put it on paper yet, or tried different brands of cylinders or BBs, but I am betting that I will have to raise the front sight somehow.