PDA

View Full Version : Making lemonade out of lemons or All things work together for them who love the Lord

omgb
04-20-2015, 11:59 PM
Hey, I ordered a 3006 M die from Amazon. It set me back $16.90 with shipping and tax. Well, what arrived was a gently used Dillon Universal Decapping die. (about $32.00 from Dillon) I protested politely and...I get a refund and I keep the die! I still need the M die though so I find one at Midway USA. New it's $21.00 with shipping it's $27 and no tax!!!! I am a happy man.

troyboy
04-21-2015, 08:53 AM
Wonder how that happens?

three50seven
04-21-2015, 01:53 PM
Wonder how that happens?

I have had this happen with Amazon a few times. I think they figure up to a certain price, it's cheaper to just let you keep it and give you your money back than it is to process a return, refund, etc. Then they have a "used' product to re-sell. Also, it makes for happy customers :-)

taco650
04-21-2015, 01:56 PM
So much for truth in advertising. At least you came out on the good end of it.

EDG
04-21-2015, 02:33 PM
Try Optics Planet for M dies. If you buy $30 worth of stuff you get free shipping.

bhn22
04-21-2015, 03:22 PM
Did the seller give you the credit, or did paypal? If you complained through paypal, they just took the money back from the seller and gave it to you.

bedbugbilly
04-21-2015, 05:55 PM
Any way you look at it, someone came out on the "short end" of this . . . .

Yes , , , some times the paperwork, postage and time is more trouble & $ than it's worth . . .

I'm of the old school though . . . I personally don't feel right about "getting something for nothing" and sometimes, we all make "mistakes" which sounds like is what happened here. Having been in business for many years, I know very well that mistakes are made and the most important thing is keeping the customer happy . . even if it costs you money. A die can be mailed pretty cheaply though and as the seller, I'd have refunded your total price and then refunded enough extra for return postage . . but that's the seller's call.

Glad it all worked out for you . . . and remember Karma . . .