PDA

View Full Version : considering a mold upgrade

xd45forever
04-20-2015, 09:49 PM
As a relative newcomer to casting I started out as many do with a homemade casting pot and ladle over a Coleman stove with a Lee tl.452-230 RN mold and it worked not that I couldn't afford better but I didn't know how well it was gonna work for me or if I was going to stick with it! Well as fate would have it I found this site and became a member and got bit by the boolit bug I've upgraded to a bottom pour pot and a lubesizer and now I'm on to molds I'm looking into a hollow point mold for my 45 acp and I'm stuck between an MP or an N.O.E.you guys haven't steered me wrong yet so .............

tazman
04-20-2015, 10:09 PM
I dearly love casting with NOE molds. I have six of them now and 2 are the RG type. I have had zero problems with them and would recommend them without reservation.
NO, I do not work for NOE. I just like their molds.

MBTcustom
04-20-2015, 11:01 PM
I can't recomend NOE highly enough. MP makes good molds too.
Honestly though, if you were to give up on the unnecessary HP thing (personal opinion) Accurate makes absolute jewelry.

JonB_in_Glencoe
04-20-2015, 11:09 PM
I am with Tim on this.
While I have several HP molds ...NOE and MP, there really isn't much reason for them, IMHO.

waco
04-21-2015, 11:57 AM
Another vote for Accurate. I love the NOE molds too, but you owe it to yourself to have al least one Accurate mold.

fredj338
04-21-2015, 03:34 PM
I also like MP, but Accurate & NOE make terrific molds. Since NOE offers a HP option, done deal for me.

OuchHot!
04-21-2015, 04:37 PM
Both are very fine molds. Twist my arm and I might say my favorite is accurate in iron. All three brands are totally remarkable in quality and function

Love Life
04-21-2015, 05:24 PM
You won't go wrong with either one, but I buy NOE because they are made in America...and Hardline Industries.

dh2
04-21-2015, 05:53 PM
I have some accurate molds are first rate . they would be my first choice , you do pay for the Quality.
Last Friday NOE mold #7 was in my mail box. all of them have produced first rate boolits, I will be getting more of both.

CJR
04-21-2015, 06:06 PM
I recommend LBT, MP, and NOE.

Best regards,

CJR

jmort
04-21-2015, 06:45 PM
Have most every current production mold brand. I like Accurate, Accurate, and Accutate in that order, best

xd45forever
04-21-2015, 08:23 PM
Thank you all for the input! As far as the HP thing its not that I'm stuck on it but I want a mold where I have that option I'm shooting a Lee 200gr RD FN in my Springfield 45 and it shoots well with it so I was thinking why not have it all!

04-21-2015, 08:43 PM
I have an MP 452200HP mold, my first.. it is a work of art and casts perfect boolits. I also have a NOE mold that works like a dream, but it's a rifle mold. Can't go wrong with either, I have since picked up another MP and have a third on a GB somewhere down the line. You can PM Mihec and see if he has any available, I got mine from him last year after a group buy was done. It does take a while to get one from him, the postal service takes a few weeks to get it here, but they are top quality molds.