PDA

View Full Version : Your Prayers are needed my friends as my health is going down.

DeputyDog25
04-20-2015, 08:29 PM
UPDATE ***Saturday May 9th***
I just wanted to thank everyone for their kindness and prayers. Praise God, I received some very good news in regards to my upper and lower GI. I did have some areas of concern in my colon but they are all benign. I will be having a morphine pump put in at the end of the month and then towards the end of June or 1st week of July they will be going into my back to try and repair the neuropathy/numbness in my legs and get me back up and walking, so please keep me in your prayers that these events are successful.

I am still in business restoring pots and building PID's and I have one more unit to do and send back, so if you need a restoration or PID let me know. I know that now that I am feeling better I will be able to get most restorations complete within 3-4 days, and I can usually get a PID out in a couple of days. Thanks to everyone.

Scott

***Update*** Sunday, April 26 I just got home from a 5 day hospital stay yesterday and I feel as if I need to share this with my family here at Castboolits. I was very depressed after the news I had received about my other health issue and went off my pain medication, well to make a long story short, that led me to Psych unit at the local hospital because of suicidal thoughts/actions. I was hurting so bad and just felt like "what is the point of going on"?, so my wife took me to the emergency room and they immediately admitted me to the Psych unit and Baker Acted me. I spent the days in the hospital praying and going to group therapy. During this time, God showed me the "Point" in going on...wife, children, grandchildren, family, friends, but most of all He showed me that this is not my life to take, it does not belong to me, I am merely a steward of this body so I have no right to end it, even if that is what I choose to do. Well, while I was in, they went ahead and did the EDG/Colonoscopy and took a biopsy in the lower part of the large intestine where they saw what might be the "Cancer" and after the procedure I was told that they did remove some small polyps, but absolutely NO CANCER was seen, and the polyps were found were benign, PRAISE GOD! I immediately went into tears of happiness and began praising God for His Mercy and Grace, God is so good. I will still have to go into extensive inpatient therapy most likely in June for therapy and to come off of the Morphine and Oxy that they have had me on for a very long time now. I will continue my restoration and PID business until I am no longer able to physically do so, so please think of me if you have anything that might need restoration, or if you need a nice, economical PID. THANK YOU to EVERYONE for all the prayers and good wishes, as I know in my heart that they truly made a difference. I love all of you as my brothers and sisters in Christ and just can't express how much I appreciate you.

***I know I owe about 4 people equipment back and I will be working on that starting on Sunday morning and will work as diligently as possible to get it back as soon as possible, but I don't want to rush too much and make mistakes or have a poor looking product...I thank you for your understanding and your patience.***

Sincerely,
Scott

I first off want to start out by saying that I love and care for every member here, even the ones I have never had a conversation or dealings with, because as I have said before, this is without a doubt the greatest group of people I have ever had the privilege of being associated with. I think that the majority of you know that my health is in bad shape and isn't getting any better. I got some news the other day that I have chosen to share with just a few of my closest friends here and have asked them not to spread it around as I don't want sympathy, I would just ask for your prayers more than anything else in the world because I know that our Lord Jesus Christ is the Great Physician and He can heal if that is his will and plan for my life. I do want you all to know that it has been such a blessing meeting a lot of you wonderful folks and I wish I could have met more of you, or at least just had a chance to have a conversation with you. If you have other odd jobs you needed done such as cleaning parts or painting furnaces I would be more than happy to do that, anything you might have that I could bring a little extra money into the house would be greatly appreciated it, I will even spend my time looking for items on the internet (which I am very good at by the way), I can do that to. I just want you all to know it's my extreme pleasure to be a welcomed member of this site and God Bless each and every one of you along with your families. My sincere love and appreciation to everyone for all the support they have shown me over the last several months. Prayer can do so much, so please just take a few seconds out of your day if you will and just ask the Lord for his healing and comfort on me.

Sincerely,
Scott Salyers
DeputyDog25

Bo1
04-20-2015, 09:15 PM
Scott, my prayers are offered up to our Lord for healing and comfort for you and your family during this difficult time... Keep your chin up brother, and keep the faith. He can move mountains....
Bo

doc1876
04-20-2015, 09:43 PM
I have always enjoyed your posts and I look forward to you coming back strong, to make many more. I ask you to consider vitamins and herbs and I will send you prayers

yman
04-20-2015, 09:50 PM
Scott, prayers to you, what the Lords plans are we are not meant to know. But the journey is ours, how we walk it is our choice. Hope your journey goes well.

castalott
04-20-2015, 09:52 PM
Sincere Prayers for Health, Healing, Faith, Strength, Hope, Comfort , and Courage. May Blessings come your way....Dale

mattw
04-20-2015, 09:53 PM
Only have PM'ed with you a couple of times, but it was a good info exchange. I wish you the best of luck and have line a prayer up and sent it straight to you!

pjames32
04-20-2015, 09:54 PM
Scott
You and your family will continue to be in our prayers. Please keep in touch.
Paul

Remiel
04-20-2015, 09:57 PM
I have enjoyed your posts and wish you the best and will send positive thoughts your way

jmort
04-20-2015, 10:57 PM
Praying for you Brother, in Jesus' mighty name. May you health be restored and you have a great testimony to share.

JonB_in_Glencoe
04-20-2015, 11:04 PM
Sending prayers your way...

DLCTEX
04-20-2015, 11:16 PM
I will keep you in prayer.

shoot-n-lead
04-20-2015, 11:24 PM
Prayer sent for you, my friend...GOD bless.

gutpile
04-20-2015, 11:26 PM
prayers and good wishes Scott,

Bumslie
04-21-2015, 12:32 AM
God bless you and your family

RED333
04-21-2015, 05:30 AM
Praying for you brother

CastingFool
04-21-2015, 07:04 AM
Just saw this post and prayed for you, Scott.

w5pv
04-21-2015, 07:40 AM
Prayer for you and family

jcren
04-21-2015, 08:53 AM
Prayers for recovery and speedy return
return.

jimkim
04-21-2015, 11:14 AM
Prayers sent

buckwheatpaul
04-21-2015, 11:37 AM
Scott, I truly appreciate your friendship....my friend I can assure you that I have never stopped praying for your improvement in health and was truly glad when the Govt finally started paying you at least some of the money that you are due....brother, I will and your Cast Boolit Family will continue to pray and be there for your help.....lean on us and we will help.....Paul

358wcf
04-21-2015, 11:49 AM
Scott-
It took immense courage for you to make this public post, and I must admire your sincerity. My few dealings with you have been a pure pleasure.
May the Lord grant you healing and a clear mind so you can return to your home and family soonest. Have faith in our Lord, he is God.
Until your return to our family and forum, you shall be missed, but remain in our thoughts and prayers-
Take care, my friend-
Chuck

wch
04-21-2015, 01:28 PM
May God bless you and heal you.

waynem34
04-21-2015, 01:37 PM
I hope thing get better for you.Good luck friend.

fiberoptik
04-21-2015, 07:54 PM
Added to my petition for healing list. Stay strong brother.

Bzcraig
04-22-2015, 12:54 AM
May the God of all comfort, comfort you and your family as you walk through the valley!

Freightman
04-22-2015, 06:04 PM
Prayers sent Scott! Psalms 23 The Lord is a shepherd he will carry you!

mtncharlie1968
04-24-2015, 05:28 AM
Prayers for your return to good health. Jesus will be at your side wherever your path may lead.

kungfustyle
04-24-2015, 06:26 AM
prayers sent up.

WRideout
04-24-2015, 06:53 AM
May the peace of Christ be with you.

Wayne

pappy4
04-24-2015, 01:24 PM
God bless you and your family

AK4570
04-26-2015, 05:12 PM
Good afternoon, Scott.

First of all, I want to thank you for the immense courage that it takes to publicly own the "hard" stuff. You are a man of great strength and the Lord is using you to encourage all of us that are reading your words. I am a fellow CG vet (disabled) and have, with God's grace, walked through a dark period myself. Please believe me, my friend that His hope is always there, even in our darkest hour. Paul said that in our weakness is when He is at His strongest (2 Corinthians 12:9). Then he turns around and hits us with this: "For I am convinced that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor things present, nor things to come, nor powers, nor height, nor depth, nor any other created thing, will be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord" (Romans 8:38, 39). When he says "nothing", he means NOTHING, absolutely nothing, can separate us from the love of God! Rest in that security, my friend. He is able.

I hope I'm not getting to preachy here but since that's the direction God has pointed my life since I left the Coast Guard, I guess it only comes natural!

Bless you, my brother. I am lifting and will continue to lift you up. We've never met but if you would like to reach out (PM) to a busted up Boatswain's Mate Chief, I'd love to pray with you and offer any encouragement that I am able.

God bless you, my friend.
John Tuohy

USMC87
04-27-2015, 08:50 AM
Scott, I am adding you to my prayer list I am thankful to see you have faith that GOD is the only one that can heal! I pray for your healing,strength and growth in Christ, Keep pressing for the mark of the high calling.

Walla2
04-28-2015, 03:27 PM
Prayers do work. Adding you to my list also

RKJ
04-28-2015, 05:37 PM
I hope that all gets better for you also. You're in our thoughts.

Preacher Jim
04-28-2015, 05:47 PM
Scot may the grace of our Lord Jesus sustain and heal you. Our prayers for you and your family.
Br.Jim a

DeputyDog25
05-09-2015, 08:56 AM
Please read the first post for all the good news I have received regarding my health and my business.

jmort
05-09-2015, 10:56 AM
That is a good report. Thank God Will Keep paying.

pjames32
05-09-2015, 12:00 PM
Good news Scott! My prayers continue.
PJ

nekshot
05-09-2015, 12:23 PM
Scott, I don't always respond by posting but I pray for the needs here that I see. My prayer for you has been that you will fulfill the plan and purpose God has for you here on earth and then with a heart of gratitude and fullfilment you can go home! Praise God for the good report!
Jay

buckwheatpaul
05-09-2015, 12:24 PM
Scott, Your plate has been overfull for quite a few years....glad you got some good news...still in my prayers....Paul

DeputyDog25
05-09-2015, 04:23 PM
God is good all the time, and all the time God is good! God has always been faithful and right on time and I have no reason to believe that he won't continue to be, as He said he will never leave nor forsake us and thus far that has and always will be the case. I will tell you that one thing I have learned that was so hard for me in the past is to "Wait" on God, as his time is far different than ours. We have become a society of I gotta have it now, I want it today, How fast can I get it. I don't ask that any longer, I just know that God will be right on time in any and all situations. It may sound inappropriate and strange, but I feel like all that has happened to me has been for my benefit, it is God's way of slowing me down and making me realize that my walk with Him is far more important than anything in this world can ever be. I am happy to report that my walk with the Lord has become so much closer, and my faith so much greater. I have read so much not only of the Bible but other inspirational books that have put me side by side with my Savior which is where I want to be and stay. If you don't know Christ, and you don't know that He died willingly on the cross to save mankind from their sin and make a way to Heaven, I would be more than happy to talk with you and share the road and way to Salvation and Heaven.

popper
05-09-2015, 05:25 PM
Depression is a real boogy man. Remember, you are lead through the valley of the shadow, not into the shadow.

DeputyDog25
05-09-2015, 08:35 PM
Depression is a real boogy man. Remember, you are lead through the valley of the shadow, not into the shadow.
Amen to that brother, and I have just the One to lead me through that valley, don't you think?

pjames32
05-09-2015, 08:44 PM
Be strong my friend!
God is with you.
PJ

DeputyDog25
05-10-2015, 09:33 PM
Be strong my friend!
God is with you.
PJ
Amen, and it isn't such a comfort and blessing to know that we have the King of all Kings, The Lord of All Lords, The Alpha and the Omega with us everyday and every moment of everyday. Wow, that is just mind boggling! I Love you so much my Lord Jesus Christ and so Thankful for You coming into my life and completely renovating and putting my life in order. Why? Because I am a child of the King, a son of the Living God. If you can't say this or have no idea what I am talking about, ask and I will explain it to you, and I guarantee you that if you listen and believe your life will be changed forever and when this temporary life is over, Heaven is your destination where you can look Jesus eye to eye and thank him personally for dying on the cross just for you.