PDA

View Full Version : Weekend shoot

waksupi
10-03-2005, 10:39 AM
We had our fall shoot this past weekend. It rained. It poured. It didn't stop.
The club secretary was wanting to just call things off, and everyone go home, on Saturday morning. He was informed we were there to shoot, and shoot we would. We did end up with I believe 25 shooters who weren't afraid of the rain, and there were few problems with getting the guns to go off. This surprised some of the newer shooters, especially with the flintlocks functioning well, right along with the cap locks.
I did come out on top of the smoothbore shooters, although there were only five of us who were there to shoot. Everyone was absolutely deadly on the clay pigeons, once we got the thrower working well. Other shots were roundball, from twenty to 180 yards.
We got the PeeWees lined up yesterday, to get them into shooting. Got to start them young!

44man
10-07-2005, 11:39 AM
Good for you! No room for wimps in the shooting sports. I watch guys that drove all the way across a state leave because it got windy.

felix
10-07-2005, 01:35 PM
Calm weather is boring for the most part. However, gales are too exciting for more than an hour's worth of shooting. Now, will the perfect weather (a little wind, some puffy clouds, low humidity, about 60-70 degrees) just show up when we are in the mood for an outing. ... felix

sundog
10-07-2005, 02:02 PM
Felix, keep watching the wxman, and hope he does good for us. Week of the 17th man! Still gotta paint and do some other chores, fun and games, and a belt melt in the offing, also. Figger we due for a trip to 'da riva'!

Oklahoma Territory Military Bolt Shoot Off is Saturday, and there's good wx on tap! Looking forward to having as many as 70 shooters! Everyone has a good time! sundog

PatMarlin
10-09-2005, 11:57 AM
That looks like fun Ric.

Did you just shoot your smooth bore with shot and round balls?

waksupi
10-09-2005, 03:30 PM
Pat, yes, but not as buck and ball loads. Each was loaded separately for different targets.